Raptor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
LED lights are the way to go for sure. HIDs have no chance of competing with LEDs for cost, light, or power draw. HIDs in the headlights is basically a cosmetic choice at this point. a good set of LEDs, or a LED bar will make HID headlights barely even show up.
HID's in a 7 inch design will out shine an LED any day. That's why trophy trucks still use massive 8 inch BD HIDs because the distance is unmatched compared to even a Rigid or Baja Designs bar. But I agree with not replacing the stock halogens with HIDs. Their a real pain to deal with.

BTW I need some more amber covers for my 2x2 pods. The tabs keep breaking off from vibrations or heat. Could you give me a deal on them if I buy a few sets?

·
Super Moderator
8,275 Posts
I think you would get a quicker response shooting him a text.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
My reference is to HID in the stock Headlights. Don't see too many people putting 7" HID on their ATV unless it was a racer.

I can do a deal for the Amber. The ones we have now are darker. they came from a different manufacturer.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
My reference is to HID in the stock Headlights. Don't see too many people putting 7" HID on their ATV unless it was a racer.

I can do a deal for the Amber. The ones we have now are darker. they came from a different manufacturer.
OK well I ordered 2 sets and a amber cover for my brother's 6 inch bar. Hopefully they last a bit longer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@nando svt

Hello there!

Can you help me where you got this kit? Do you think it would fit on a 2017 700R? I need something for night riding as the stock lights just don't cut it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Cree makes really good led light bars, and they're cheap.
12" light bar on ebay is $25
There are also light bar brackets for the 700 on ebay for around $20
Wire it to your hi beam.
Friend of mine has a 9" Cree light bar on his 700. It's better than most cars headlights.
The guy riding in front or behind doesn't even need headlights, lol

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
This is a 12" Cree spot/flood beam combo led bar on my 660 project.
The 660/700 bars are similiar enough to where the size of the light itself is going to look about the same on either.
So it's a good reference for what size you think you may want.
As bright as the 9" is, and as durable as it's been, I can't wait to see the 12"

Attachments

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
This is a project.
So nothing is tight, the light is sitting crooked, but again, these are just for reference.
This is a 12" light bar
The brackets are stainless steel.
I wanted something ss, heavy enough not to vibrate, and simple, so I ask my Dad and he made these 2 brackets.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cree makes really good led light bars, and they're cheap.
12" light bar on ebay is $25
There are also light bar brackets for the 700 on ebay for around $20
Wire it to your hi beam.
Friend of mine has a 9" Cree light bar on his 700. It's better than most cars headlights.
The guy riding in front or behind doesn't even need headlights, lol
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I bought this one a few weeks ago.
Waiting on new handlebars to install it.
I have handguards too, and will mount the lightbar to the inner handguard mounts with L brackets.
I'll post pictures when it's done.
20201009_223835.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought this one a few weeks ago.
Waiting on new handlebars to install it.
I have handguards too, and will mount the lightbar to the inner handguard mounts with L brackets.
I'll post pictures when it's done. View attachment 139661
Very nice! I also want to place a small, about 6inch LED bar on the handlebar. I'll be on the lookout for your update, as I am with all your other build updates LOL
Wait... Where do you plan on installing that bar?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Very nice! I also want to place a small, about 6inch LED bar on the handlebar. I'll be on the lookout for your update, as I am with all your other build updates LOL
Wait... Where do you plan on installing that bar?
Handlebars, mounted to each inner handguard mount.
And yes, I can still see the dash.

And, I just had the 3rd company in 2 wks cancel my handlebar order.
wtf!
No bars, means no lightbar, no riding...idiots.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,584 Posts
I just had the 3rd company in 2 wks cancel my handlebar order.
wtf!
No bars, means no lightbar, no riding...idiots.
Didn't you have problems, years back, getting 660 handlebars too, haha??

Reactions: Sixpack577
21 - 40 of 40 Posts