Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about installing a trailtech 17oz. lightened flywheel on my 04 .Has anybody done the lightened flywheel and what are your feelings on this.Already have K/N proflow no airbox lid but outerwear box covor,rejetted,Yoshimura full exhaust.Running 165/170 mains,dyno jet needles 3rd clip(center),stock springs with 1 coil cut off,and 27.5 pilots.2 1/2 out on air screws.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
It'll rev a hair faster, no hp gain. The more hp your motor produces the more you can feel the rev. Not worth it unless your a drag racer, my opinion. I'd spend the money in other places.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already have the wiseco 11.1 686 piston,hot cams stage 2 cam and spring kit,sitting in the closet.and will be having it ported when I tear it down to install that stuff.Have to save up for that work.Failed to mention that I have the Big guns rev box ignition for it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
YOGIB,
I HAVE A SIMILAR SETUP TO YOURS AND I HAVE THE TRAILTECH LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL. TRUE, IT DOES NOT INCREASE HP, BUT IS DOES REV NOTICEABLY FASTER WHICH IS A GOOD THING. I THINK YOU'LL LIKE IT AND IT ISN'T AN OUTRAGEOUS PRICE.

HAPPY RIDIN,

PARAGODD

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info.I hoped to get a little faster rev so I can get a good jump on the quicker revving 450,s.I usually get them off the line but then they pull me for a ways and then I have to catch up as my bike is pegged and not spooling up fast enough.Things will be different of course when its ported and cam and new piston are installed. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
839 Posts
You could save some money and use a 01-03 flywheel with a good one way like L&A and be 11.5 oz less than your current 04-05 setup with a better one way to boot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts