Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aight heres the deal... definitly thinking of getting the raptor 700.... how is the special edition version....and i wanted to know how comfortable they are.... i'm 6'5 and about 220

thanks for any replies :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
The SE or GYTR will suit you better with the shocks unless you have the money to drop on high end shocks, in which case you get the base model and upgrade immediately. The SE shocksare good but you will even end up being a little heavy for them in the long run. I am about 5'10" and 1/2 and about 215 -- 220. To me this is the most comfortable quad I have been on. Being a little taller you will evetually want to upgrade the bars and maybe the stem. Depending on your riding you will be able to have all three os the SE shocks re sprung and re valved based on your riding styleand weight for $900ish by TCS. This will give you a better ride for your size. OR buy the base model and put money into new front shocks and have the Rear reworked. Either way you won't be dissapointed.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've got an '07 SE, am 6'2" and weigh about 240. I don't have a whole lot of ride time in yet, and I've just started trying to get the shocks tuned to my weight/riding style, but it's pretty damn good now and I've got lots of adjustment left if I need it. I think for just regular riding, you'd be fine with the SE shocks with no modification. If you like to get a little crazy take huge jumps, you'll likely want some kind of upgrade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.