Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son has a 2008 Polaris outlaw 90. The headlights are on whenever the quad is running. He's been begging me for a lite up whip for it. We ride a couple jamborees every year and he sees them on other quads and loves them. I don't know if the system would run the headlights and a whip too. I was looking at fiber optic. I would definitely run an on/off switch to it, but don't want to burn up any electronics either. I tried to find numbers to tell me if something like that would draw too much or how much amps I had to be able to use. I don't know where to find the info I need. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,884 Posts

·
www.gtpoffroad.com
2,576 Posts
There are many different whips on the market. Most run Chinese parts, the cheapest are made in China. These tend to have issues with the LED burning out.

A basic whip will draw 3-5 amps for a 6'. I run mine off a tap in the tail light wire so it only turns on with the headlights. They all have plugs also so you can plug it in only when you want it on. It's generally not a good idea to run it all day. I change mine out with the Tribal whip mounts it's really easy.

We sell a ton for the Tribal whips and they are very good quality made in USA. 1 year warranty. They start at $90 for 6'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts