Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is my raptor a single cylinder or a twin. A guy from work said his was a twin and his was a 2002 660( same as mine) and his was a twin. I'm almost 100% positive mine is a single but it has two carbs and two exhaust ports. If 660s are a twin then what you suspect mine to be. Is there a difference between the 660 and the 660r?

·
Registered
749 Posts
no difference between the 660 and 660r. they are all the same. he probably has a banshee....350 twin. and if he does have a raptor, then he is mistaken since it's not a twin

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
single cylinder, dual carbs, 3 intake valves, 2 exhaust valves, and a 2 into 1 header....yeah they are messed

·
Registered
532 Posts
2 carbs, 2 exhaust ports, ONE CLYINDER.

·
Registered
235 Posts
tell him to show you the second cylinder... for 100 bucks

·
Master of the Electron
15,622 Posts
EVERY Yamaha Raptor EVER made, from 90's to 700's, from the 1990's thru 2011, have always been single cylinders.

I'd suggest your work mate knows VERY little about his own quad and assumes that since it has two carbs, it has two cylinders... I'd also suggest that you don't listen to any of his suggestions related to the Raptor or to his mechanical expertise.

Reactions: Murdered660

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
In your buddy's defense, it's not the first time I've heard the question asked from an onlooker. Though it would be the first time I had heard it from someone who owned one for any length of time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks alot guys. He more of a Honda guy but he used to race a raptor 660r and he is thoroughly convinced that mine is messed up and probably swapped and his was right haha possibly the other way around. Again thanks for the help.

·
Lifetime Premium
1,776 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks alot guys. He more of a Honda guy but he used to race a raptor 660r and he is thoroughly convinced that mine is messed up and probably swapped and his was right haha possibly the other way around. Again thanks for the help.
he used to race one and still doesnt know how many cylinders it is???

·
Registered
84 Posts
Has Honda even had a twin?

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
If the raptor he ows is a twin cylinder he got rear ended somewhere by someone LOL.

·
Master of the Electron
15,622 Posts
Maybe the previous owner swapped a Banshee motor into it.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
If that guy can't tell the difference just by the different SOUND the two bikes make, he should be kicked in the head.

Reactions: Murdered660
1 - 20 of 27 Posts