Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tonight I go to take off the tie rods since my new ones should be here on thursday. Well the one I bent came off no problem. But the other 2 are stuck in their sleeves one on the pitman arm and one on the wheel / hub assembly. Any ideas how to get them out. tried hammer and wd 40, they won't budge.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I'd be careful with heat as the cast aluminum parts will melt at 700F or so. Propane torch can reach that no problem. Have you tried taking the parts to your dealer and see if they have a way to remove? Might be worth the small expense. Just an idea.

MK

·
Registered
464 Posts
DrDsRaptor said:
So tonight I go to take off the tie rods since my new ones should be here on thursday. Well the one I bent came off no problem. But the other 2 are stuck in their sleeves one on the pitman arm and one on the wheel / hub assembly. Any ideas how to get them out. tried hammer and wd 40, they won't budge.
Bigger Hammer :grin_nod:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bigger hammer did the trick. Tommorrow onto the rebuilding.

·
Registered
36 Posts
FlatStateRacing said:
DrDsRaptor said:
Bigger Hammer :grin_nod:
I was gonna say that. I did that exact thing about an hour ago when replacing my pitman arm. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whaere did you find an after market pitman arm? I would like to replace the stock but I went with the Tag stem and they did not offer it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts