Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the kids new quads all ready to load in the trailer. I hope they will stay looking this nice for a few trips!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Since you own both, maybe you'd be the one to ask... I want to get my son his first bike, but I don't want it to be unusable in two years. Is the 80 detunable enough for a 4 year old, or should I just get the 50 for him?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 80 comes with a restirictor plate in the air box that makes it goofy slow and it has a throttle stop that you can adjust so too much power is not an issue. The 50 has much smaller handlebars and grips and shorter levers for little hands to work more comfortably. I would say go for the 50 with a 4 year old. My daughter is 7 and riding the 50. I'm sure she would like a bit more power but at least I know she is safe. She has lots of fun on it and that is what counts.
When you are done with the 50, just sell it and upgrade then. The market is pretty strong on little raptors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,446 Posts
I just bought my son a new bike. We had the badger (raptor is a badger with new plastics), it lasted forever but was outdated. We went with one that has independent front A-arms and the ride is much better. I wanted a two stroke for more power and got him the KFX80 (same as an LT80 only it was green). I would recommend you look at Honda, New Kawi, Eton, Kasea, Yamaha (in that order) if you want a four stroke and older Kawi/Suz if you want a 2 stroke (no reverse, but Repairis is not worth reverse). I also think you should get a 50 for a 4 year old.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Im kinda in the same boat. My youngest daughter turns 9 next month and I was looking at the Raptor 80 for her cause i figure it would last about 4 yrs for her. I do think I need to check out the other bikes before I settle on the Raptor. There was some things on the Raptor that I really didnt care for too much I just dont know if there is a big difference between the different makes of a smaller bike like that..My wife and I both have Raptors and wanted the lil one to match..IM REALLY CONFUSSED!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,446 Posts
Rap-it-up said:
Im kinda in the same boat. My youngest daughter turns 9 next month and I was looking at the Raptor 80 for her cause i figure it would last about 4 yrs for her. I do think I need to check out the other bikes before I settle on the Raptor. There was some things on the Raptor that I really didnt care for too much I just dont know if there is a big difference between the different makes of a smaller bike like that..My wife and I both have Raptors and wanted the lil one to match..IM REALLY CONFUSSED!!
Kasea's look a lot like a Raptor, and a bunch of the Yamaha dealers carry them around here and swear by them. That might be something to look into.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RobHussle said:
Since you own both, maybe you'd be the one to ask... I want to get my son his first bike, but I don't want it to be unusable in two years. Is the 80 detunable enough for a 4 year old, or should I just get the 50 for him?
Keep checking back. I found a company that has the goods to get the 50 to run better than an 80. Best of both worlds, small dimensions for the little kids but enough performance to keep them happy for a couple of years. I will be happy if I can get my 7 year old daughter out in the medium size dunes with us safely and comfortably.
If this guys products stand up to his claims, maybe we could get him to do some discounts for a group buy. I've already got 7 families waiting to see if we can make the 50 dune worthy without breaking the bank. They have 11 50's and 80's on top of my 2. I should be able to report back in two weeks as to how the new and improved 50 works.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
596 Posts
HEADINNORTH U LOOKIN TO ADOPT ANYONE? LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
751 Posts
HEADINNORTH U LOOKIN TO ADOPT ANYONE? LOL
Yeah seriously. Oh headingnorth.. again thank you for the shocks, talking about a huge difference from the stock. I cant believe they were even used, there wasnt a scratch on them. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,740 Posts
headingnorth said:
Here are the kids new quads all ready to load in the trailer. I hope they will stay looking this nice for a few trips!
Nice Herd of Rappy's there, I also can not help myself to see that you fellows who live out west, dont have to invest in any LAWNMOWERS...Not a blade of grass to be seen...LOL!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice Herd of Rappy's there, I also can not help myself to see that you fellows who live out west, dont have to invest in any LAWNMOWERS...Not a blade of grass to be seen...LOL!

Yeah, if we want to see green we have to go elsewhere. The summers are just too hard on grass here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
06RAPPY700R said:
HEADINNORTH U LOOKIN TO ADOPT ANYONE? LOL
Yeah seriously. Oh headingnorth.. again thank you for the shocks, talking about a huge difference from the stock. I cant believe they were even used, there wasnt a scratch on them. :thumbsup:
I'm glad to hear you like the shocks! I have not had the chance to ride anything with the standard shocks so I have nothing to compare them to. I was just going by what I had read about the difference in the two. You'll want to dial those in. I took all the pre-load out of them for Amy's bike and unless you weigh 110lbs, you should stiffen them up a bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
751 Posts
That was the first thing i did :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Looks to me like the nice herd of rappy's are ones that the family business "wasn't able to recover" HAHAHAHA
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top