Raptor Forum banner

81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I hear you gobeer....I just put a Stage 1 in my 02 and I didn't have to change anything. Mine runs great but I was running a little rich to begin with. See what you can do to richen it up.

17 days to go :thumbsup:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Looks like racinjason is hookin me up with the jets I think I need to get the bike tuned up.

Just talked to a friend that is going to Little Sahara. He indicated we are probably going to reserve a campsite at "sand city" campgrounds near the south entrance. Anyone know anything about the place? We will have two camping trailers and about 10 bikes. The place seems well within the price range and shows to have food/gas onsite.

If anyone is around that camp ground post up. I'm all about meeting up with some other raptors. Around here I only get to ride with 400ex's, yfz450's, and a banshee.

·
DWR-President
1,966 Posts
To me south camp is the only way to go..... Yes gas is easy to get to. Go to the north camp and take the bypass road and there is a gas station there. Can only ride to the station during the day as noise is a issue. Usually a dyno trailer at the south site also.

Damn I cant wait for 3rd gear wheelies....

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
hey, is there like a trail or something that you can ride to town from the dunes? the hotel we booked said that the dunes are accesable by atv from the hotel... but the hotel is in town, and im not riding on paved rodes for very long on my paddles..

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
awesome. thanks bro.. anything is better than driving down an asphault road, i would rather trailer the bikes from town to the dunes rather than tear up a set of paddles. :thumbsup: i am so ready to go.. i did to get my jetting right, and do the clear tube method and i should be set for tearing up the sand :grin_nod:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Cool, back when I went I don't believe you could ride from the hotel to the park. Apparently now you can. BUT, you can't ride in town after dark so if you are going to do some night riding you might just want to trailer everywhere. That's what I did last time. Back when I went a few years ago the trail was hard packed dirt and once in town it was all asphalt. I drove slow and only did it once.

·
DWR-President
1,966 Posts
yeah from what I have seen, not sure I would be riding into town. So do, I choose not to. I am cheap I sleep in the back of my ride. Gets cold, that is what the remote start is for. LOL

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Well Saturday I finally managed to shear off all 6 bolts that connects the oneway to the flywheel. :( :'( I am in a rush to get it fixed before we leave for Little Sahara in 9 days. I will make the trip even if I have to push start it every time. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
that sucks bad bro..i feel your pain.. i hope ya get it fixed.. but don't get into a to big of a rush, just make sure you take your time... i have faith that you will be able to get it done. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Well i wont have enough money to make it, damn this sucks. I was looking forward to meeting other rappy owners.

·
Registered
285 Posts
jaf97a said:
Well Saturday I finally managed to shear off all 6 bolts that connects the oneway to the flywheel. :( :'( I am in a rush to get it fixed before we leave for Little Sahara in 9 days. I will make the trip even if I have to push start it every time. :thumbsup:
I feel your pain. I learned yesterday my carrier bearings are bad. I pulled them apart, its just the bearings luckily. I got a set ordered. Its sad that ebay is faster for parts than the local dealer.

Bring your bike out, I'll pull start ya. I've gone riding with a toasted battery and had to be pull started every time. Wonder how hard it is to pull start on sand?

·
Registered
285 Posts
racinjason68 said:
pilots work out for ya?
Funny you mention that. I swear this thing is rich on the low end now. It runs real good, has some stutter in the lower 1/2 of the rpm range if I give it 25-50% throttle. If I just nail it, it pulls strong though. Also idles real well. Almost too well, it idles around in 1st no prob, I caught myself idling around in 2nd without any gas a few times.

Bad news - my carrier bearings are toast.

Good news - just got a tracking number on my HID's.

·
DWR-President
1,966 Posts
Think that the 25's are the way to go. but I am no pro, hell I paid someone to do mine. But I got it on the dyno. Sad mine hit 43rwhp, and the 250r on the dyno hit 49. LOL Well maybe things will go well and the bike will be living on the edge by the time to go.

·
Registered
285 Posts
One week till Little Sahara! The crew I'm with is rolling out Thursday (we think). Campsite 1 & 2 at "Sand City" Thursday night. Feel free to stop by, just ask for Ed (me). Look for a white powerstroke pulling a 20' enclosed. Just dont tell anyone I'm riding in a F*cked Over Rebuilt Dodge.

Few things to get installed friday night and do some last minute tuning Saturday afternoon. My friends banshee just tossed a head gasket and sheared a few fly wheel bolts last week. I noticed my carrier bearings were on the way out as well. I thought I just needed brake pads. Wishfull thinking, that noise wasn't from the brakes. Nothing like some last minute wrenching before a 5 hour drive to ride for 3 days straight.

81 - 100 of 125 Posts