Raptor Forum banner

101 - 120 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
racinjason68 said:
Well he is not the only one changing a head gasket. But I feel I am ready to ride...
Ouch, that hurts a little more on a raptor. 2 stroke head gaskets are easy enough we just tossed it up to bad luck. I hope both of you make it through the weekend.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
My new flywheel should be here today and I plan to have it buttoned up and ready to go by Sat. We leave TX early Thurs. morning for our 8 hour trip to LS. See everyone there.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
we will be leaving early early fri morn.. 4-5 am probaly.. i have some last minute thigns to do as well... im orderign a set of paddls today, i have my out put shaft o-ring and seal on its way as well as a gytr jet kit ( 56 freaking for 2 needles :mad: ) i already have well over the jets that come in the kit, i just need the needles for the taper... im haveing some bs stumbling problems when i climb hills, and i did the clear tube and it didnt help, so mike at CSR told me to get rid of my ct needles at get gytr needles... so we will see.. they come in monday.. so im going to be on crunch time to get her prepped.. :'(.. plus i need to set the valves change the oil and all that... but i will be there if i have to buy something the day before to go :thumbsup:

we will be pulling a 38' gooseneck trailer with 8 quads, either behind a black quad cab short bed cummins, or a black quad cab dually duramax( depends on if the duramax gets out of the shop.... stage 5 tranny issues, thats what you get when you make toooooo much power :grin_nod: )

·
Registered
285 Posts
HID's have arrived. ;) Carrier bearings are no where to be found. :confused:

Think someone onsite sells carrier bearings? I might be fixing & tuning my four wheeler while I"m there. I have a busted @ss raptor 350 in my garage. My paddles will bolt on. Maybe I'll take it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
HID's are installed. Carrier bearings are installed. Carbs are adjusted. I hope to test ride it tommorrow. My fingers are crossed.

FOUR DAYS TILL LITTLE SAHARA, OK! I'm a little too excited about this. A thursday/friday off work excites me as much as anything. :thumbsup:

·
DWR-President
1,966 Posts
Just got back and wow cant wait to go back..... It was rough riding due to all the people, but about 4 in the morning it smoothed out and was awesome riding till we forgot...

Bikes run better with gas. :lol:

What a night.... 7am we finally went to the camper for some sleep.

RR '08 is gonna be a blast.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Update***

We are leaving wed. night the 2nd and will be at the dunes early thurs. morning.....I still have to put the oneway on the fly wheel, put the fly wheel on the crank, put the gears back, the cover on and fill it up with oil. Then I will be ready to leave tomorrow. Oh yeah, I guess I should pack the gear and some clothes too unless its warm enough I could just ride nude..... :lol:

·
Registered
285 Posts
It was work on your Yamaha day around here. The banshee and I were tuning. He ran out of jets, and I'm about back at my original jets, thats gonna annoy me if I had it right in the beginning. The d*mn 450's were stripping lug nuts and fighting with nerf bars. Life seems easy when you own a 450. Maybe I'll go trade the raptor in :)

j.k. I hope to get some time tommorrow and get the bugs worked out. This 30 minutes here and there trying to tune really sucks. I put in a couple hours tonight and finally got somewhere. Wish me luck.

We also learned we can only fit 5 quads in the 20ft enclosed trailer. At least there is alot of space for gear.

·
2 Time (09,10) RF Fantasy FootBall Champ
655 Posts
jaf97a said:
Update***
We are leaving wed. night the 2nd and will be at the dunes early thurs. morning.....I still have to put the oneway on the fly wheel, put the fly wheel on the crank, put the gears back, the cover on and fill it up with oil. Then I will be ready to leave tomorrow. Oh yeah, I guess I should pack the gear and some clothes too unless its warm enough I could just ride nude..... :lol:
Nothing like procrastinating. :lol:
Wish I could go. I'll catch the next mini rally there.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
It is back together and works great but not without headaches!!!

I had just torqued all of the bolts on the fly wheel cover when I noticed that one of the O rings had fallen off before I put the cover on. I had to take the cover off again, put the O ring on and put the cover back on. As I torqued the bolts again, one bolt would not tighten so I backed it out and noticed it had pulled some of the thread out from the case. :help:

I thought I was screwed and would not get to make the trip!!! I then noticed I had tried to put the wrong bolt in because it was too short. I swapped bolts and went with the longer one and it threaded all the way. :thumbsup:

I started all of this @ 4:00 pm and finished around midnight. 8 hours of my life!!

Good luck with the rest of you who are working on rappy or other quads!! See you at the dunes!

:thumbsup: WE LEAVE TONIGHT :thumbsup:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Removed the DJ jets and my midrange stutter went away. Wish I knew that about 5 jet swaps ago.

Banshee is sucking oil BAD. Dunno if its gonna make it.

We hope to head out tommorrow afternoon/night. Should get to sand city campgrounds evening or night time.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
well... couldn't get the raptor running right.. found out one of my floats was stickking open and what not and its just pissing me off so i went out and bought a 2000 banshee.. its white with rappy style plastic so look for me down there... real clean bike, cool head ( shaved ) toomey t5 pipes, 30 mm OKO carbs, +2 swinger, nerfs, powtercoated parts, pro flow w/ K&N.. v force reeds, came with all stock stuff... front and back holeshot xcr's on polished c-series, new holeshot xcr's on srock, stock fronts, straight paddle rear sand tires on polished c-series, about 4 gal of 100 octane avgas, 64 onces on maxima castor oil... just all kinds of stuff.. so im ready to rip up some sand.. hope to see ya'll down there... :thumbsup:

·
DWR-President
1,966 Posts
Well not sure I seen many raptor forum people.... But did meet 2 raptor people that were pretty cool.
First was Joe, 700 with some mods and he was not sure all that was done as he was fixing to buy it. But he constantly had me by 2 bikes.... damn thing was moving. Motor had been opened. But he was cool and we talked a few times, and raced about 50 times. LOL

The other guy was Kevin, he had just got a 700 and had some factory stuff added on. Was very nice and I told him to check out the site for info.

I had many people ask about the duals and what all mods I had done to the bike, many were quite surprised to learn that I had a K&N and duals and was layin down 43hp at the wheels. That and my skinny azz made the bike do pretty well. I now know I need straigh paddles, sandstars just spun like on ice.

Had a good time and saturday night was crazy as it was a sand storm.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
I had a good time as well. Mainly hung around with the group I went with. It was hard enough keeping all of us together.

Had my bike tuned while it was there. Well worth every penny. Dyno showed 44.x hp. I like to think positive and round up to 45. The place is pretty sweet. Tons of places to open it up. If I went there more often, I'd have to have a stage 2 cam.

My ebay HID's had a bad ballast so I was pimping one HID. Turned out really convenient for everyone else. When we got seperated I'd just park at the top of a dune and my group would gather to the one bright light.

I hope to go back sometime.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
We got there at noon on thrus. and I got to ride 3 hours until I threw the nut and lock washer off of the front sproket. I got it fixed by noon on Fri. and got to ride the rest of Fri. and all day Sat.

We had a great time but I didn't see too many 660's there. I did see a lot of 700's though....We were on top of a large dune Sat. when 3 700's came tried to climb it right next to us. The last guy got stuck on the top and kept spinning out throwing up sand all over all 5 of us. :mad: Not once but 4 times. I got off my quad to kick some a** but as I got to him he quickly appologized several times.

It was fun but the 8 hour drive isn't!! We may make the 5 hour drive to Kermit, TX instead which is 30 min. from my hometown. That's the next trip we have planned. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
i had a blast too.. we did a lot of working on the quads too... different front sprockets, different jetting, different tires, etc..... its was a blast.. the banshee i bought did really well... had tons of top end power and it handled pretty descent. my bros rappy 700 did really good too... tons and tons of torque.. im am ready to head back down already.. the 6-7hr drive sucks but its well worth it.. :thumbsup:

·
DWR-President
1,966 Posts
The buggy that flipped saturday looked like they didnt have much fun. I did see alot of 700's. Not many 660's. Kinda wish I would have got to meet a few of you guys. only a 2 hour drive for me, my rear end is chapped like crazy.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
ya mine too :lol: .. did you see the buggy crash?... i ran across the two guys right after it happened.. blood everywhere... those guys were hurt real bad...it was not pretty.... then right after that my brother girl wrecked her z400 and they though she broke her leg.. thank God it wasn't but they took her to the hospital in Enid ( 1hr away ) even with all the accidents it was still a blast... :thumbsup:

101 - 120 of 125 Posts