Raptor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for the advice and direction folks. I pulled the trigger on buying a light bar. I went with this ebay cheapie, hope its not too crummy! I made sure to get one that was "10D" with "cree" leds, with an ip rating of 68, which i believe is the top rating. Thank you for mentioning these, i wouldnt have known to look for those specific things.

I guess anything will be better than my oem headlights. I dont think i could see far enough to get out of 1st gear with those!!!

Waiting til the day we leave i feel like a kid at Christmas time, just counting down the days with uncontrollable anticipation

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132106434714

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,819 Posts
They will be better for sure. When I brought the wife's son and his friends to the dunes, they were unimpressed with stock lights after seeing mine, lol.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Got my toes in the sand, but not an ocean in sight....

·
Super Moderator
7,819 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,819 Posts
Few more hours to the West and we can play in the Walden sand... high elevation, 8500'

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Whole nuther world ain’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
You suck.......

How's the weather?
Its usually me that is jealous of everyones cool trip! Yesterday was drizzly and cool. Today was mid 50s and beautiful! Nights are pretty chilly, i am next to a fire now...

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Few more hours to the West and we can play in the Walden sand... high elevation, 8500'
After seeing what this sand dune thing is all about, i just might make it out there soon. I am having a blast here....

·
Super Moderator
7,819 Posts
After seeing what this sand dune thing is all about, i just might make it out there soon. I am having a blast here....

Not sure exact lay out over there, seems pretty flat. But up here it's flat, sort of, until you get to the edge. The world is not flat. It drops. Fast.

Then a several point turn around, thank god for reverse, and then look up. You have no choice. Lean forward, thumb full on...go.

Might not be as long of chutes as others, but there is no run at them to get momentum. If you drop down the interesting ones that is.

Majority of you tube videos show the lame ass gathering spots. Stuff razors get up and any other units. All it takes is to wander a bit in either direction. Lack of power gets you in trouble fast.

·
Super Moderator
7,819 Posts
How are this lights doing?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Whole nuther world ain’t it?

It certainly is. Its apples to oranges when compared to the dirt and rocks im used to. Oh, and matt, we got lost as hell in the dark last night! We ran down a pack of rzrs trying to outrun us (good luck) after that we had no idea where we were or which way to go! Took about 45 min to find our way to the west fence so we could just ride up it to the entrance

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
How are this lights doing?
I actually just finished wiring it up. Rode with stock lights last night, might have been part of why were so lost! I will give pics of the difference later

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Yep
Never head out with half a tank
Try and keep an eye out for the trains.
If your camped at the south end of the park,
You’ll more than likely need the trains on your right to get to camp.
North end on your left
Lookout tower is at the north gate you can see it from a lot the taller dunes.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Get a map if you didn’t
There’s fences that run in the middle some.
Fence doesn’t necessarily equal perimeter, sorta.
Get a fn map
Jealous, yep.
Happy for ya,
Yep,yep

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Sorry man
God I miss that place

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,604 Posts

Your bike had a blast of sand, how bout you. Is the sand damp? Sand in your shoes takes a year before it's all gone, lol.

I must ask, why are your tires on backwards?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Because i dont know any better! Haha. They say "left" and "right" on the sidewall with an arrow for direction.... did i get it screwed up?

I went out early this morning and there was a heavy dew. Sand was a little sticky. And its covered because i got high centered on my swing skid and turned my raptor into a sand fountain

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
maybe he backs up fast Dez.
We ve had 2 in our group do it, different trips. Dont sweat it man. Sounds like a reason to go back. Or hit up Stewarts in town, they may flip em for next to nothin. Good guys

21 - 40 of 79 Posts