Raptor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
This is the left rear. The front of the bike is to the left. How is it backwards? Or i guess i sbould ask, how is it supposed to be?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
The google images i can find make it look like the rt should be on left. those gbc trekkers?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The google images i can find make it look like the rt should be on left. those gbc trekkers?
they are kenda "the trakker" 8 paddles

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Thats what my buddy had done our last trip. He left em that way, we weren't there to drag race anyway. I'm not good at tire mounting. So, I can't anything for sure about yours.
I really like being out there at sunset. Head out about an hour before dark and find somewhere to play on the edge of the big dunes where you can the sunset across the flats and the cliffs past the train tracks. Oh man.
Jealous
yepyepyep
When you going home?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Tomorrow

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I believe the shorter paddle usually is the inside.
Get off the forum and go ride man.
Oh yeah, sunset in Waynoka is at 6;36 tonight.
What? Everyone doesn't get Waynoka Oklahoma daily forcasts>
Ya'll are weird

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Ya, im just back for lunch. We went to the observation tower and goofed around in "the big dunes" after i posted earlier. Having a overheating problem with one in our group. They went to town to look for parts so..... hey look, salsa! Yummy

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,604 Posts
I believe the shorter paddle usually is the inside.
Get off the forum and go ride man
Yes, the shorter paddle mounts to the inside. The wedge paddle is supposed to help with steering and designed for the wider paddle outside for traction, while the inner small paddle slips when turning. Both dig for forward momentum. The main thing is to have a good time and be hooked on sand. It's so much easier to clean up then mud or that Georgia clay down south.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Ok, thanks. Were leaving in the morning but i will definitely remember that for next time. I also need to get taller tires i think, as i kept high centering on my swingarm skid when i stop on any kind of incline.

I know all about the sticky red clay. We have tons of it in missouri. And yes, it gets in EVERYTHING, including electrical connections, and is impossible to clean off. I have put in alot of time on the sand in the last 3 days and the rappy still looks clean as can be. Once the sand dries, it all just falls right off

·
10,604 Posts
I don't run a skid plate in the sand, works great.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I"ll keep my swingarm /brake and sprocket guard on the bike when we go but thats it. TM makes a plastic or Carbbon fiber belly plate. That'd be nice but not for once a year trips.
Also, I dont stop on inclines.
Have a safe trip back.

WATCH THE COPS ON THE TURNPIKE. On our last trip out there, on the drive home, when the turnpike ended and we paid our final toll there was a line of State boys pulling people over as they left the toll booth. They new exactly who they wanted. IDK if it was a Bear in the air or clocking toll booth times. Jus sayin.

·
10,604 Posts
Also, when stopping on a incline, always be pointing down hill.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I"ll keep my swingarm /brake and sprocket guard on the bike when we go but thats it. TM makes a plastic or Carbbon fiber belly plate. That'd be nice but not for once a year trips.
Also, I dont stop on inclines.
Have a safe trip back.

WATCH THE COPS ON THE TURNPIKE. On our last trip out there, on the drive home, when the turnpike ended and we paid our final toll there was a line of State boys pulling people over as they left the toll booth. They new exactly who they wanted. IDK if it was a Bear in the air or clocking toll booth times. Jus sayin.
We went across kansas to avoid the tolls. But i certainly appreciate the tip, nobody like getting tickets. It really wasnt bad, speed limit was 65 most of the way. Just have to slow down for the small towns. It was actually less miles for us to go that way anyway.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
How are this lights doing?
I got carried away with riding and i forgot to do this in the sand but here is the difference from stock lights to the new lightbar

·
Super Moderator
7,819 Posts
Much better for sure. I think some of the issues we have more than likely are from using those eyes on the lights. But they look pretty cool and we hardly ride at night. Just need to get a few more set ups before we go again.

·
Super Moderator
7,819 Posts
I got carried away with riding and i forgot to do this in the sand but here is the difference from stock lights to the new lightbar

Pics of how you mounted it?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Haha! You dont want to see that. It was kind of thrown together at the last minute so it has huge zipties holding the mounting brackets on the back of the light to the handlebar. Its pretty ghetto! Think i may drill holes through my bumper to mount it permanently, we'll see what i can come up with

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Back at work, but still dreaming of the sand....

Here are some things i learned from my first trip to the dunes.

1. Always have a full tank of gas, especially at night.

2. Dont follow too closely going uphill. Because when they dont make it, you dont make it.

3. Dont ride too close to the boundry fence. I "found" a t-post sticking out of the sand about a foot high. It was around 15 ft from the barb wire fence.

4. The small paddle goes on the inside! Lol

5. You can never have too much power out there. Now i understand why there are 100 hp turbo raptors.

6. My pogo shocks suck soo bad. Maybe need a steering dampener too. I cant top it out or its nearly impossible to hang on to the the bars.

7. If your going to oklahoma, BYOB!! For some reason all they sell is 3.2% and let me tell ya, if your used to 5-6% beer, this will double your beer budget.

8. I like it!!!

Sorry guys, im still riding out the high...

·
Super Moderator
7,819 Posts
Don't skimp out on the steering damper. Get a good fastway or precision if you can afford it. CCP units are cheaper and some guys run them with no issues.

Talk to Jogaca about shocks, I am real happy with the ones in my sig I got from him.

Thanks for the beer tip...where do they think they are, Utah?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Yes just like Morph check out JOGCA on the shocks for sure. My steering dampener is one of the best upgrades that i have put on my bike. Sounds like you had a awesome time!!

41 - 60 of 79 Posts