Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooo, let me get this straight , you guys think it is neseccarry to use loc tite on everything i bolt on the quad, so that means i should re- do everything i have done like the handlebars and trailtech vapor, , the bumper, and should i do the nerfs, and skids with loc tite?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
no loc tite here, I just used anti seize on everything thats bolted to aluminum

·
Registered
841 Posts
If it says loc tite in the instructions use it, there is a reason for it....just my .02

·
Registered
287 Posts
You will not do any harm by applying it, regardless if someone put it on the instructions or not. ATVs see a pretty harsh environment when you think about it, and anything you can do to help keep it all together surely is not a bad thing.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I concur!! I know first hand about bolts vibrating loose. My bros nerfs were loose as shit after 3 rides. Just make sure any part you want to take off you use the blue loc tite. Then again, you don't HAVE to loc tite anything. Just keep checking your bolts.

·
Registered
263 Posts
My buddy took had his Blaster apart and didn't use loc-tite when he put it back together. When ever we go riding something else falls off the bike. He's to lazy to check anything to see if its loose. One day he lost a fender. Pretty funny stuff. I look at it this way its cheap and better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
21 Posts
anything that does not have a lock nut on it should be loc tighted use blue on smaller fasterners 4 or 5 mm and you can use red sparingly on bigger fasteners, i have done this on every quad ive owned and at the shop i wirked at never had a problem

·
Registered
243 Posts
i never use loc tite, but i always have to tighten up bolts all of the time.. i change my oil frequently though so i take off my skid plate off quite often, so i never have a problem

·
Registered
405 Posts
I used loc tight on my skids and definitely on my handlebars, I even used it on my grab bar. Its whatever you want to do man. If you dont I wont check them often.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It gives you that extra insureance. It sucks when parts start coming loose miles down the trail. I try to go over everything before each ride, but thats not always the case..

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I use it on alot of things, stuff works great. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
273 Posts
I put it on everything i put on, including stuff I take off and put back on. Vibration is a bitch on threaded things.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I use locktite blue on just about everything on my quad and bike (except the oil drain plug).....Years ago I had a few racers who were border line anal with their race prep tell me its a good thing..... :thumbsup: They also went on to say that skid plates and small parts can be found sometimes on the ground of a hare scramble because people don't take the extra time to prep before racing....

If you use the red locktite and can't get something back off, take a hot soldering iron for the small screws, and use a torch (carefully) on the bigger stuff......The heat softens up the locktite so you can break it loose.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
767 Posts
I use red loctite on evrything, I just moderate the amount depending on fastner size.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts