Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*Lol, check out page 3 of this thread, I made it into Dirt Wheels!*

I need to send in my best head shot to a local modeling agency for this contest thingy... please look these pictures over and tell me which one I should send in.
Thanks! :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Re: need opinons please, local model search

#7 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17,851 Posts

#7 is my first choice. #1 would be 2nd. I think 2,5 and 6 are to blury or to dark, my girlfriend had head shots done for her agent, granted this is a "local" model search, still gotta have crisp sharp images :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
677 Posts

Uh, I wouldn't send any of those... you've got visible grain, red-eye, bad white balance, and garbage in the background. If you are serious about modeling, consider a professionial photographer. The investment is worth it. Don't go to some studio for your shots. Rather, find a photographer who can do a location shoot. Many photographers do something called "work for prints" which means YOU do the work, and he'll give you some prints. In this way, the photographer gets to use your pictures in his portfolio which inproves his business, and you get prints which you use to send to modeling agencies, which improves your business. So you don't get paid to model, he doesn't get paid to shoot you. But you both make out better.

Now, with that said, don't just pick any guy with a cannon rebel who says he's a photographer... He's probably not going to get shots good enough for you to send to the agency. Pick a reputable phtographer who already has a decent portfoilo.

Finally, and most importantly, make sure you MEET THE PHOTOGRAPHER at the location, don't let him drive you there.... and make sure it's a VERY PUBLIC place... we don't want to read about you in the papers if you know what I mean.

Good luck to you. I think you are beautifull, and could do well!

-SS

·
Registered
3,682 Posts

#2, #3 or #7 are what i think would be your best bets altho they are good shots thouse 3 i feel show your smile the best and the color in your eyes and what not :thumbsup:

but im just a guy so dont just take my word for it :lol:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thank you for the replies everyone!

sandsquid- Thanks for the tips! :thumbsup: I appreicate it.

·
Registered
960 Posts

#7 and #1 were my first 2 picks

·
Registered
677 Posts

Oh, I almost forgot: There are many talent agencys out there that pretend to be big, but in reality, it's nothing more than a failed pagent mom/ex-cheerleader who is starting a home business that they call a talent agency/modeling agency.

In my experience in looking for jobs, I have found it's just as important for me to do a "background check" on the company I'm interviewing with as it is for them to do a background/drug check on me. I typically google the name of the company and the names of all the officers of the company that I can get my hands on... ask who the owner/president/main person at the modeling agency is, and google them. You will be suprised what you might find about some companies. Also check out a place called ripoffreport.com to see if they've been listed. If a company has a few listings (like less than 10) than they are probably fine, but if hundreds upon hundreds of people have listed the company... stay far away!!!!

Don't forget to get what you want. There are plenty of people out there who are ready to capitalize on your talents... make sure you are in the front of that line.

-SS

·
Premium Member
176 Posts

yea like the squid said, your going to need something with a solid background. all that cludder in the background kinda steals the eye from you. the smile and look in 5 i think is the best, only its dark, blury and cluttered. 7 is also a really good one.
the cleaner and sharper you can get it, the better chance i think youll have.

good luck.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts

Sandsquid's advice is great and you should definitely follow it. IMHO, you have a really good shot at winning a model search and you shouldn't waste your chance by sending in amateur photos.

If you do decide to use an amateur photo, I'd stay away from shots like #1 because of the half-shadow on your face. Shadows have a BIG effect on how you are perceived, especially when it comes to your face. I think the best picture in this set as far as composition is #6, but you should definitely re-take it with better lighting and a better camera if you decide to go that route.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Thank you so much everyone! You have been a huge help! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
833 Posts

you know what it is hard to make bad picturs look good so :thumbsup:to you dune bunny but it is really sad when you can make good photos look bad. sucks to be all us guys on this forum. ;)

·
Registered
677 Posts

yeah... no kidding... I've been told that I fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down... ;)

-SS

·
Registered
3,682 Posts

sandsquid said:
yeah... no kidding... I've been told that I fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down... ;)

-SS
oh yeah same here but i somehow found the roots :( maybe i should have left my head in the dirt and my ass in the air maybe then i could get a g/f that might stay at least she could have a place to park a street bike without a kickstand :thumbsup:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Awww.... lol, come on guys.. I'm sure your just full of shit and your each little cuties in your own ways :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 112 Posts