Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an excellent deal on a set of these. The standard travel sport a-arms. I've read on the forum that if you go with a-arms wider than stock, your shocks really become no good, and you are then in need of some aftermarkets. My question is, are people generally making this statement based on the regular factory 700 shocks? I have a GYTR, so it came stock with fully hydraulic piggy back shocks. Are these shocks ok to run with the +2 a-arms? Or, will I end up spending or wanting to spend $2,000 on some aftermarkets? All opinions welcome.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
I, and most, would recommend at least re-valving and if necessary swapping the springs out on the OEM shocks. The old pogo sticks just get thrown away or put up on ebay when you go wider. The piggyback shocks will work if they aren't pushed or stressed, but should be re-done to work properly and give the kind of ride and handling you'd expect from a wider stance. You can replace these shocks as well, and the sky is the limit on cost. You just need to determine what kind of riding your atv will see and how much handling and suspension is worth to you.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I, and most, would recommend at least re-valving and if necessary swapping the springs out on the OEM shocks. The old pogo sticks just get thrown away or put up on ebay when you go wider. The piggyback shocks will work if they aren't pushed or stressed, but should be re-done to work properly and give the kind of ride and handling you'd expect from a wider stance. You can replace these shocks as well, and the sky is the limit on cost. You just need to determine what kind of riding your atv will see and how much handling and suspension is worth to you.
Thanks for the input MD! I will have them set up for me, and the little weight I carry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.