Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently installed my plus 4 lonestar swingarm I bought off Craigslist. The guy who had it on his raptor has a gsx650 motor in it and ran a huge rear sprocket like size 65 or so, he cut the piece that sticks out in order for it to clear ,I believe was for a chain guide to be installed. What can I do cause doNt I have to run some sort or chain guard/chain guide?! All I have is the stock chain roller but I'm afraid my chain my start slapping the part of the frame the swingarm bolt runs though help please!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I recently installed my plus 4 lonestar swingarm I bought off Craigslist. The guy who had it on his raptor has a gsx650 motor in it and ran a huge rear sprocket like size 50 or so, he cut the piece that sticks out I believe was for a chain guide to be installed. What can I do cause doNt I have to run some sort or chain guard/chain guide?! All I have is the stock chain roller but I'm afraid my chain my start slapping the part of the frame the swingarm bolt runs though help please!
You got a picture of this---So I can more or less have a better idea

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
When I was running my +6 I was using a 44 tooth rear sprocket. It was too large to run the rollers in the rear chain guide both from a clearance aspect and because the angle and tension on the rollers in the rear guard just ate the rollers up anyway.

The front upper and lower roller (mounted to your frame) and the front chain slider should be sufficient if you keep an eye on your chain tension.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I recently installed my plus 4 lonestar swingarm I bought off Craigslist. The guy who had it on his raptor has a gsx650 motor in it and ran a huge rear sprocket like size 50 or so, he cut the piece that sticks out I believe was for a chain guide to be installed. What can I do cause doNt I have to run some sort or chain guard/chain guide?! All I have is the stock chain roller but I'm afraid my chain my start slapping the part of the frame the swingarm bolt runs though help please!
This is the chain roller I use--Its worked very well for me--Even after a new RK X-ring chain snapped on me--This thing rolls real smooth

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
i think u need front tires
Good observation-- I got a new set in my shed,Both for the raptor and the yz450--I like to run them way down before changing them

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
[/IMG]

i guess what im trying to say is do i need to run a chain guide / chAIN GUARD or is it okay to not run anything? and if i have to what can i do?

·
Registered
116 Posts
this is what I would do

I would get a piece of polyurethane board--cut a 1"or 2" by 6" by 1/2" slice (enough to cover whatever your trying to protect)--Then drill and recess two wholes in it at least 1" from the edges--Then you could either drill small holes into the swing arm to use rivets OR drill and tap two holes to use some stainless flat head screws to hold it down to the arm----Whether or not you rivet or use screws You want to recess them below the surface of the polyurethane in order to keep the chain from wearing down the rivets or screws. Thats what I would do
But MadDog made a good point with some good frame mounted rollers and constant attention to your chain slack You should be OK...
Good Luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts