Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are my chances of getting this fixed under warranty? This axle is like 3 years old, stripped it almost as soon as I bought it and dealer told me it wasn't warrantied.. Just stumbled on it while sorting through my spare parts and wondered if Lonestar had some kind of lifetime warranty on this stuff?

The splines all gave way... the sprocket hub is surprisingly undamaged. This is where the sprocket hooks up...

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
If its this one Axcalibar XC Racing Axle - Yamaha Raptor 700 (10-42X) then yes it has a lifetime warranty on it.

See here http://www.lsracing.com/yamaha-raptor-700.htm

The XC axle is designed for cross country racing and allows for narrower adjustments. All other aspects of the axles are the same.

Axcalibar Racing Axles are one of the most highly recommended axles on the market for both racers and recreational riders. Each axle is backed by a true FULL LIFETIME WARRANTY unsurpassed by any other axle manufacturer. Each axle is precision machined to exact OEM specifications so all stock or Lonestar Racing accessories can be used. Axcalibar axles are easy to install and vastly improve the stability of your ATV while providing extraordinary strength and radiant looks with their triple plate chrome finish. Axle is fully adjustable for each riders needs.

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts
Lonestar axles have a lifetime warranty. Just call LSR and talk to them.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright thanks, I sent them an e-mail but I read afterwards on their site that I should be calling in instead. Guess I'll dust off my English and do that...

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Call them? Wtf is that? Oh you mean use one of them phone thingies... lol
I'm sure it's a trap... 1800's era technology... 1-800 number...

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
Alright thanks, I sent them an e-mail but I read afterwards on their site that I should be calling in instead. Guess I'll dust off my English and do that...
do you use a translator when your typing on here? I need a good translator that translates to canadian french. I have found lots of stuff I want on kijiji.ca in quebec but I I can't parlez vous la ding dong very well...

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
do you use a translator when your typing on here? I need a good translator that translates to canadian french. I have found lots of stuff I want on kijiji.ca in quebec but I I can't parlez vous la ding dong very well...
LOL hell no, if I were using a translator you'd barely make out what I'm saying. I speak both English and French but I learned English mainly through TV, books and computers so I barely ever actually spoke it... Lets say my mouth isn't very versed at emitting the English language :)

If you need a hand with specific translations feel free to send me a PM, I'll be happy to do it for you.

Also, you'll probably be interested to know that ALL French Canadians learn English in school.. Lets say not everyone puts as much effort into it, but technically you should be able to communicate in English with most French Canadians :)

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
thats good I live in ottawa so I know basic french and my girlfriend is a french teacher down here but she can't have a conversation in french. she teaches something along the line of france french and not canadian french. She said she has to teach the kid that a hot dog is une chein chaud....where in the canadian french dictionary its "le hot dog". my translator calls an atv frame a "cadre de" I emailed a guy in quebec asking if he has a "cadre de" and he had no idea what I was talking about....my girlfriend say you guys call it "le chassis" which makes more sense:D

sorry for hijacking your thread buddy

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats good I live in ottawa so I know basic french and my girlfriend is a french teacher down here but she can't have a conversation in french. she teaches something along the line of france french and not canadian french. She said she has to teach the kid that a hot dog is une chein chaud....where in the canadian french dictionary its "le hot dog". my translator calls an atv frame a "cadre de" I emailed a guy in quebec asking if he has a "cadre de" and he had no idea what I was talking about....my girlfriend say you guys call it "le chassis" which makes more sense:D
Yeah we don't really call 'em "chiens chauds" here but we do know it's the proper French word for it. Lots of "french canadian" words are either straight English or variations of it. As for "cadre" in that particular case most would understand since it's the word we use for call a bicycle frame... We often all our quads "bikes" or "bicycles" so it's all the same. Chassis would be the proper word for it... Everybody knows the word "frame", I would consider it valid in French Canadian :)

And it's not because we speak "french canadian" that we don't understand proper French :)

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
no i understand that you know proper french. I'm not trying to offend you...I just wish I paid a little more attention in french class so I could complete a few sentences :)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah, well I finally got an answer from Lonestar... The splines are only covered for 1 year apparently. I have just finished writing an angry reply, we'll see how it goes.

I don't understand how/why they would cover bends and breaks on the main shaft for life but not cover the splines. In my opinion, spline failure is the less likely thing to happen on axle, everything else should be weaker, no? Chain, sprocket teeth, sprocket hub, sprocket hub splines, etc...?!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts