Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, extremely old member on here...decided to get back into riding and started to completely restore my Rappy. Found a set of fcr 39's, decided to do a 720 stroker and stage 2 cam, a-arms, fox shocks, powdercoating...etc...basically rebuilding the thing from the ground up.

I bought a +2 lonestar swingarm and I can't seem to get it aligned correctly in regards to the shock linkage. I'll post a few pics, but you can see where the linkage tabs on the swingarm aren't lined up with the mounts on the frame. What am I doing wrong here? I installed new pivot tubes and spacers, there's really no other way it can move to the left to line up better as it's already pushing so close to the frame on the left side at the pivot point (where the chain slider would go).

What am I missing?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Can the bearing on the left be pressed into the swingarm a little more?(Red arrow)
To close the gap on the right?(Red circle)
Which would shift the swingarm to the left, where it needs to be.
Or, does the frame butt up against the swingarm(at the red arrow), and the outside diameter of the frame will not fit into the inside diameter of the swingarm?
And, are you sure that is a 660 swingarm?
I've owned and worked on several 660's and 700's, and their swingarms are close, but not interchangeable.
I'm not sure if the 700 swingarm will bolt to the 660 or not; and if it did, if it would cause your problem.
I would email the pictures to Lonestar and ask them, maybe they can confirm by looking at it?

Product Engineering Electric blue Gas Machine

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the reply! No, there's absolutely no movement possible to either side.
It cannot move to the left any more at all due to it being almost up against the frame (red arrow), where there's a tube with outward protruding notches where the chain roller would mount. there's maybe 1mm at best between the swingarm and that piece on the frame.

After trying to mount the shock, the spring itself is pushed against the upper portion of the arm and I can't even get the top mount bolted up. It's like the whole arm needs to shift to the left and the tabs that the linkage mount to need to be pushed up towards the frame to get more of an upright angle to clear the swingarm itself.

I purchased on eBay from a authorized Lonestar dealer. I've sent photos to Lonestar and they said it did look like a 660 swingarm but it's definitely not right.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Curious to know what you find out.

Is this going to be a sand bike?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Hey thanks for the reply! No, there's absolutely no movement possible to either side.
It cannot move to the left any more at all due to it being almost up against the frame (red arrow), where there's a tube with outward protruding notches where the chain roller would mount. there's maybe 1mm at best between the swingarm and that piece on the frame.

After trying to mount the shock, the spring itself is pushed against the upper portion of the arm and I can't even get the top mount bolted up. It's like the whole arm needs to shift to the left and the tabs that the linkage mount to need to be pushed up towards the frame to get more of an upright angle to clear the swingarm itself.

I purchased on eBay from a authorized Lonestar dealer. I've sent photos to Lonestar and they said it did look like a 660 swingarm but it's definitely not right.
I'd e-mail [email protected] your e-bay invoice, pictures, and describe your problem. He's one of the best employees @LSR and should be able to get you taking care of quickly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts