Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok..can anyone give me some tips on long term storage on my 700. i read the manual and it says to turn off the fuel cock and drain the carburetor float bowl....am i missing something here?? carburetor?? it is fuel injected right? anyways little help would be great thks

·
Registered
37 Posts
1. fill up your gas tank and add "stabil" fuel stabilizer to it.
2. remove your spark plug, add a tablespoon of oil into the cylinder, crank the engine over a few time to coat the cylinder walls and re-install the spark plug & wire.
3. remove your battery and hook up a "battery tender trickle charger" onto your battery and leave it.
4. jack up your quad from the center of the frame to lift the tires just slightly off the ground. This helps the tires and suspension.
5. clean your chain, then spray liberally chain lube onto it.
6. tape or plug your exhaust.
7. this is optional: if your going to store your quad/bike for over three months, lightly spray "silicone" lube over your engine to protect it from corrosion and cover your quad/bike. I use a qeen sized bed sheet that my wife doesn't use any more :)
Of course, storing your quad inside the bed sheets works fine but outside in the elements, use appropriate weather proof cover.

·
Registered
134 Posts
That tail pipe is awfully warm!

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
rockinfigs said:
Ok..can anyone give me some tips on long term storage on my 700. i read the manual and it says to turn off the fuel cock and drain the carburetor float bowl....am i missing something here?? carburetor?? it is fuel injected right? anyways little help would be great thks
The article or info you're reading is geared towards traditional bikes with carbs, and since you've got efi that part does not apply to you.

kamakazi's suggestions are excellent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts