Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kids 02 Raptor 80 clutches slipped like crazy this weekend, even in first gear with the paddles in the dunes. What do you guys have to say about the EBC clutch kit for these things? Also, you guys using synthetic oil in these little things? I use rotella T6 in my 660 and love it. Thanks in advance fellas.

:p

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Picked up new EBC clutches, look just like the factory rigs. Soaking them in oil overnight after I got the old ones out. Old ones are heavily worn and black, fortunately the steels still look good. Guys, have a recommendation on how many balls to take out? Boy is about 50lbs and rides in the dunes with paddles. Want it to engage enough at higher RPM to get him going good in 2nd but without tearing the clutches up. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I reinstalled it all and realized there were already 4 balls missing, so I installed all of them again (since I really don't know how low of rpm this thing really engages, since they slipped so damn bad). "stalls" a bit low but gets my fat ass rolling starting in 2nd, so I'm sure it'll be fine for someone 50lbs. What a world of difference new clutches makes, that's all I can say! Don't be intimidated, it's not that hard, just take your time and don't lose the clutch springs!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts