Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looking to move up to the 700 ranks! Wich of the 700 should I be looking for? Any certan year. Just sold my 02 660 and I think EFI is where it is at. I live in Amarillo Tx so if you have something let me know

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
All years are the same besides the newest year, it has a bit different hood and a speedomoter. There is a GYTR edition that has resevoir shocks, aluminum front bumper, aluminum heel guards a a few other things. But basically all years are the same besides a few tiny things.

·
Registered
133 Posts
yeah many any year is good they are all basically the same the 06 had some tranny probs but everything other year is solid man!

·
Registered
415 Posts
i would recommend getting an '07se or an '08 or newer one just for the better suspension. these have the rezi shocks with hi/lo speed compression, and rebound adjustments. but if you plan on buying aftermarket anyway, than just get the best deal you can.

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
06 and 07 have pogo shocks, 07SE and newer have the upgraded piggyback shocks, and 09 and newer have the speedo. Other then that, it's basically just colors. GYTR editions have some heel guard, and rotar upgrades with different graphics, etc. So basically, find the best deal you can. The rest is easily changed!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
the 06 tranny's are fine, i would find the newest/lowest hour one in your budget that you can find and go with that

·
Registered
749 Posts
i haven't heard anything about the '06 having tranny problems, but i've been very happy with mine and also threw on some yfz shocks and couldn't be happier with the quad. i also came from a '02 660 as well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just found a 09 with 380 miles on it for $4,200. Does that sound about right? and what about the miles? Why dont they have a Hr meter on them woul make thinge so much easyer.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
yeah many any year is good they are all basically the same the 06 had some tranny probs but everything other year is solid man!
No, the 06 models did NOT have any transmission problems.

I believe you're thinking of the 2001 Raptor 660.

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
The frame and motor of the 700 have remained unchanged and haven't had a problem yet.

I dont think that deal is too bad...a quick way to guess the hours is say if the average speed the bike was run was 38mph and it has 380 miles on it then it was run 10hrs. That can give you a ballpark.

·
Registered
267 Posts
i have one for sale on craigslist in western arkansas. pm me if you want the link!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts