Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, well i got a 2006 honda trx450r. got a lil cosmetic mods and things done to it and a lil motor mods. thing is a beast cant get any happier with the thing. fast as hell too.

anyways im looking for another quad and i like the 700 raptor Se alot.

my question to you guys is how is the power and handling to anyone who knows the trx450r.

im guessing if i get it a full system, no air box lid, and cams. compared to my cammed full system no lid trx? power wise.

i dont want to get another trx cuz the 07 is the same exact thing so i was likely the raptors ;) the yfz arent the greatest had a 06 and they just got too many headaches and too uncomfotable.

thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
My neighbor has a stock honda 450r. He got his quad about a month before I got mine (which is about 5 months ago)...neways, in drags, he only won once (drag in hard dirt, won once of about ten times; both stock)...he wishes now that he had a raptor instead.
I rode his quad, its a lot better in jumping, but i'd prefer mine over his anyday. Now will my mods I have, I dont even need to full throttle 3rd gear (w/ 2nd gear launch) and im already 2-3 quad lengths ahead. Build potential on a 700 = awesome :thumbsup:

·
Registered
200 Posts
The 06 450ER would definitely be my second choice. With the HRC kit and pipe/intake they are very close to a 700 with the same mods (pipe and intake anyway) plus you can throw them around a little easier but with that being said, no you wouldn't be disappointed with the 700R. The only problem you might have is deciding which quad you want to ride........... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
148 Posts
well i do like the honda but u cant beat the raptor my friend has a 450R and he has a cam and full yoshi with an intake system.and i waxed his ass in a drag on concrete but i do wish i had the suspension set up he has....

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
unless you are racing, or do a LOT of jumping the 700 is pretty much as good or in a lot of cases BETTER than the 450r...or any of the 450's.
I do miss the way my 450 flew...with ease.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.