Raptor Forum banner

Looking for advice for Son beginning to race.

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  stadn67 
#1 ·
Hey guys!

Been browsing the forums for a few months now and getting great advice on many different topics so decided to sign up and see if I could get some advice. My son is 7, and wants to start racing his quad so I took him out to open practice at a local MX park here and that stoked his fire even more so I guess I'm gonna start getting into this. At the moment he's got a 110cc with a CVT that's he's been on for a couple years now and there is a class that he can race in for that so that's what I'll probably do. What I'm wondering is, is he going to be on this 110cc for awhile? I was going to keep him on the 110cc for the first season because I don't expect him him to go out and win a bunch of races and it's chinese so I doubt it'll be competitive anyways. But if he's gonna be on this size of atv for awhile I wanted to go out and get him a Raptor 90 to race with but don't wanna go out and but the 90 and then the next season he's gonna need something bigger and have to buy 2 new quads 2 seasons in a row. I suppose it depends on his ability to ride but when do youth start to progress so bigger atv's? And building on that what size do they normally move up to? Do they go to like a 125 or do they jump straight to a 250. Any advice would be appreciated thank you!

Cardwell

#2 ·
The progression of your sons skills most likely won't be the same as someone else's child. Pretty tough question to answer.

#3 ·
Ya hard to judge ability and learning to race. Have you watched many races there? Figure out which classes they have where your son would fit in...age group/class. Plus you don't wanna buy a different bike then few months pass and your son has moved onto a new interest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.