Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a machinist or machine shop that can do a little bit of work on my 660R. I'm looking to do a .60 over bore, valve job and port & polish. That is all I need done. The engine will already be fully disassembled and cleaned, ready to work on.

After some thought I decided to keep my 660R and tear the whole thing down and make it pretty. Here are the parts I chose for the engine:

Namura .60 Piston
Wiseco Connecting Rod or Hot Rods Connecting Rod
Hot Cams Stage II Cam or Hot Cams Stage III Cam
Hot Cams Valve Spring Kit
Tusk Top End Gasket Kit

Should I go for the Wiseco or Hot Rods for the connecting rod? Should I do the Stage II or Stage III cam? Won't be doing more than trail riding and a little bit of sand dunes.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Good luck man I am on the same page let me know if you find a good shop here? I had no luck yet

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
The rod change require a dedecated jig and press for proper alignment. Most machine shops are not set up for a correct rod swap. Check some of the venders listed on our site for a correct rod swap. The bore and hone of the cylinder must be done with the piston of your choice sent along with the cylinder so propper clearances can be achived. I suggest HC 2 with there spring kit for trail riding. Get a 12 tooth sprocket for a little better lower end. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
i grew up in woodstock, illinois and a friend of the family owns the yamaha shop there. i will see if i can find out were they send there part for the race bikes.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Look at my past posts. I had a 660 built, ny builder tore it down and rebuilt it. was a 686cc and port and polish with JE 11:1. I have an entire. Call me tomorrow if your interested
630-885-4346
He is in Beecher, IL 30min south of Chicago

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The rod change require a dedecated jig and press for proper alignment. Most machine shops are not set up for a correct rod swap. Check some of the venders listed on our site for a correct rod swap. The bore and hone of the cylinder must be done with the piston of your choice sent along with the cylinder so propper clearances can be achived. I suggest HC 2 with there spring kit for trail riding. Get a 12 tooth sprocket for a little better lower end. Good Luck.
I'll have all the parts ready to do everything I just need to find someone close by because shipping an engine would cost a bit.

i grew up in woodstock, illinois and a friend of the family owns the yamaha shop there. i will see if i can find out were they send there part for the race bikes.
Okay thanks.

Look at my past posts. I had a 660 built, ny builder tore it down and rebuilt it. was a 686cc and port and polish with JE 11:1. I have an entire. Call me tomorrow if your interested
630-885-4346
He is in Beecher, IL 30min south of Chicago
I probably won't get my bike back for another week or two so at the moment I'm just trying to gather some rough estimates on costs to do the build. If you could get me some rough estimates that would be great, and if not I'll definitely give you a call when I get started with the build. Thanks.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Okay so you want a price on a bore & hone (would need piston first), port and polish head, and complete rebuild. no problem. let me know if I missed something.

He does solid work. He has personally done 2 686cc builds for me one was just a bore and new piston, the other was complete bottom end, and port and polish like in this thread below.
http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69052

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay so you want a price on a bore & hone (would need piston first), port and polish head, and complete rebuild. no problem. let me know if I missed something.

He does solid work. He has personally done 2 686cc builds for me one was just a bore and new piston, the other was complete bottom end, and port and polish like in this thread below.
http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69052
I would actually like to tear it down and put it back together myself. So I would only need the bore & hone, port & polish, and valve job. I looked through your thread and the build looks really nice. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yeah that is no problem I can call him and ask how much that would cost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts