Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member to this site and just bought a 2007 Raptor 700 SE. I was looking at buying the LTE dual exhaust but am having a hard time getting myself to spend $700.00 for a system that I have to take a hammer and beat on and that does not come with the correct hardware. Please let me know if I am wrong. I would love to see all the diffrent horsepower graphs on exhaust. Below is a link from HMF and they ran the stock tires with the airbox lid on and used to Dobeck fuel unit. There full system is 400.00

Please post your comments and any factual information you have on pipes and prices. I am going to buy a pipe, Pro Design kit and Power Comander by the end of the week.

HMF DYNO GRAPH BELOW VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Look at CT Sonic. I like this one better. In fact I like both of these since they are from the same pipe on two different dynos. I wish LTE would show their stuff.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone have a dyno graph they can post of the LTE sytem?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Heres some facts about the Trinity system I bought when it first came out about a year ago.

It cost $500.

Its loud as hell.

It whistles when you let off the gas.

It makes great power everywhere.

I had to machine the flange that mates up to the muffler for it to seal.

The heat shield that bolts to one of the head pipes does a great job of keeping heat off your leg, but has cracked from the bolt holes.

The piping has turned yellow.

You reuse the stock heat shield for the intermediate pipe by the fender, which sticks out a bit and can heat up your pants, or your leg.

In short, I would not buy this system again if I had to replace this system.

·
Registered
36 Posts
When i did my research all signs pointed towards the HMF sport exhaust... Best bang for the buck.. I love the look of mine and the sound and it bolted on really nicely!

Here is where i got mine

Very prompt shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HMF-...002QQitemZ120058307006QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

comes with the EFI controller which i would suggest and also find yourself a K&N proflow on ebay and you will be set!

here is the pro design with k&n and outerwear

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pro-...010QQitemZ200050218625QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

best price i could find.. just copy and paste those links
Nate

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Below is a dyno on a full yosh system. They should have RPM on the bottom instead of MPH

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys please post any exhaust facts that you have. I should have some information in the next couple of Days. Someone I know will be comming out with Duals for the 700 Raptor and they will be all T304 stainless including the canisters and retail will be under $700.00. I hope to have an update by the end of the week.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Don't have any exhaust facts for my HMF Bill Ballance Carbon Pro other than my personal experience but I love it. Nice deep sound and a definite increase in my seat of my pants dyno. Can't really go wrong with a price of $449.95 from world wide performance.

·
Registered
178 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
These graphs you guys are posting are from the MFG web sites and IMHO are worthless. They all have graphs that give higher numbers than what the average consumer will see.
Keyword="worthless". Seriously folks, the manufacturer will market sun-ripened dog crap as an aged, prime filet.

Easiest, most convenient example is AirRaid: http://www.airaid.com/spacers_learn_more.asp

Uh-huh. Like a spiral bore at 89 degrees perpendicular to the airflow will miraculously end up in a spiraling vortex of air. Moreover, the injector and turbulent inrush from the intake valve is what atomizes the fuel, not some snake-oil "Helix Bore" BS. All this chunk of aluminum does is whistle as the air passes the unsmooth bore. They claim that this whistle is you hearing it "working". Riiight...and folks spend thousands to port/polish for performance. This product goes 100% against proven engine technology. Furthermore, the manufacturer of the vehicle would certainly spend an extra .59 for this block of aluminum for such an increase in gain, especially with all the EPA restrictions gobbling up performance. The "secret" AirRaid (and many other sellers) has is how to snag your ca$h. Butt dyno wins again...

Unless looks is your primary motivator, I'd get dyno runs (yes, runS) from before and after with the aftermarket exhausts. You might be paying upwards of $700 for a 1-2 HP increase, which I seriously doubt _anyone_ would notice. For that, I'd send it back.

If there's a known good system out there, then that is different. A true performance enhancing product has a place in the market.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.