Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2006 raptor 700
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have some GYTR or pro armour skid plates for a 2006 raptor 700 they want to sell? I live in Canada

·
Registered
546 Posts
If you are talking a-arm skidplates they are on back order for the 3rd time, latest release date is 5-17, unless they move it again. If you find any let me know I've been waiting since the first back order.

·
Registered
2006 raptor 700
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you are talking a-arm skidplates they are on back order for the 3rd time, latest release date is 5-17, unless they move it again. If you find any let me know I've been waiting since the first back order.
They seem to be in stock on Motosport!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Just went there and says expected to ship in 2 weeks that means they are not in stock. Checked my order and it says "waiting on inventory"

·
Registered
2006 raptor 700
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just went there and says expected to ship in 2 weeks that means they are not in stock. Checked my order and it says "waiting on inventory"

Ahh sorry, yeah they didn’t have the engine skid like I want so I’m still looking, there’s a few good looking ones but it seems that fewer and fewer companies are shipping to Canada

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Ahh sorry, yeah they didn’t have the engine skid like I want so I’m still looking, there’s a few good looking ones but it seems that fewer and fewer companies are shipping to Canada
Ricochet makes an engine skid plate very similiar to the gytr, it has the wings on the sides, but without the same slots cut out.
Same for the A-arm guards, they have the vertical plate on the front, only with slots cut out instead of 700R.
They also offer anodized colors.

·
Registered
2003 Raptor 660, .05 over bore, FMF slip on, Fullflight +2 A Arms
63 Posts
Have you tried XFR? I have them on my 660, and they are fantastic. I have custom a-arm skid plates for my plus two a-arms.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Xfr fit flat on frame and A-arms.
They do not have the front guards on the A-arms and side guards on the frame like gytr and Ricochet do.

·
Registered
2003 Raptor 660, .05 over bore, FMF slip on, Fullflight +2 A Arms
63 Posts
They do have the side guards on the XFR belly skid plates. I do not have their A-arm skid plates; I have custom ones I made out of stainless steel.

·
Registered
2006 raptor 700
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ricochet makes an engine skid plate very similiar to the gytr, it has the wings on the sides, but without the same slots cut out.
Same for the A-arm guards, they have the vertical plate on the front, only with slots cut out instead of 700R.
They also offer anodized colors.
These look nice and they ship to Canada! Thank you!! I also found a poly option from a company called Glann innovations that are very nice

·
Registered
2006 raptor 700
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have you tried XFR? I have them on my 660, and they are fantastic. I have custom a-arm skid plates for my plus two a-arms.
As far as I can tell XFR won’t ship to Canada. However I’m waiting to hear back. I did email them

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
They do have the side guards on the XFR belly skid plates. I do not have their A-arm skid plates; I have custom ones I made out of stainless steel.

No, they do not.
That is just a lip that covers the edge of the frame.
They don't have an actual rock/stone deflector on the sides to help protect the cases like a gytr or ricochet.
See the difference.
This is my gytr, and the ricochet is the same with different or no cut-outs.
20200921_173755.jpg

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Did you find the GYTR frame Skid Plate ? I am looking also....
Yes, I bought all of them from Motosport late last year.
Gytr A-arm guards, skidplate, swingarm skidplate and front bumper.
But Alot of parts have been hard to get for over a year now.
My parts were on back order for a few weeks then, so you may just have to order them and wait at this point.

·
Registered
2006 raptor 700
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Did you find the GYTR Skid Plate for the frame ? I am also looking....
I didn’t, I ended up ordering a poly skid plate from glann innovations, and then ordered GYTR A-arm guards from partzilla.. but The a-arm guards are 2 months out ..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts