Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first question is generic. What are boots like to wear while ridin the atv? I've seen that a good portion of the mx boots are quite high, and look stiff. How is shifting etc with them on? Do you still have good "feel" of the pegs and shifter? How are they when it gets hot in the summer? What about cleaning etc? I've always been using the construction style work boots, call me old school. But I'm thinking about making the step up to some real riding boots. Ok, so last question is make and so forth. I've seen that some manufacturers have an atv specific line. I think this would be a good place to start as the sole would be more condusive to atv riding then the motorcross style. I've looked at the Thor, Alpinestars and a couple others. Naturally this is personal preference. But what have you guys had that you like?

thanks for your time and feedback

Marcel

this is the Thor site http://www.thormx.com/Product.jsp?product_path=1270-1291

the Quadrant ATV look pretty cool, so do the 50/50

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I don't have any troubles with shifting or feet staying on the pegs..You may have to adjust your shift lever up so you can get the boot under it for upshifts..I use a scrub brush and soapy water or S-100 for cleaning..They are a litlle warm in the summer, but I won't ride without boots..

I've had great results with AlpineStars and won't wear anything but now..... :thumbsup:

Watch e-bay for deals.. :)

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I use the Alpinestars Vector boots. Couldn't be happier, didn't even have to break them in!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking at those Vector boots, they look really good. Also like this pair by Icon called Field Armor Boot. Those look cool. But I read a review on RideGear.com that said they are extremely bulky and not useful because of that. Might have to look closer at the Vectors. I've bumpin size 13 feet so, that is allot of acreage to accomidate if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
For quads I like to use the smaller 50 style boots. I have the Axo slammers and I love them, almost feels like I am wearing regular shoes but with all the support and protection. 8)

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Hey Tiggyboot, I am a 13 US shoesize as well and they fit great on me and also no clearance problems with the shift lever. They are absolutely comfy, they say these are the sneakers of the offroad boots. Found them at around 230 USD.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm a believer in boots and I wear the tech 8's. I have pictures to prove that they work since my legs broke at the top of the boot and everything else was protected and untouched. I have to say this happened on both legs at the same time and the Doc was blown away that they gave such good protection. I still use the same boots to this day and feel great about them. All I added was some knee pads to save my knees next time. I'm also a 13.....
Comfort is nice but the TEch 8's took a lot of breaking in but now they feel like a glove.

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
I totally dig my Nike flip-flops.

(Just kidding)

I'm not a big fan of boots myself, I have had trouble shifting in the past with boots on. The newer boots on the market with the rubber soles are very nice and they tend to be more forgiving in my opinion.

~Brian

·
Registered
53 Posts
alpinestars Vector boot....... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
239 Posts
i have alpine star teck 6's and they are a really comfy boot i do however have a small amount of trouble with shifting but that was only because of my nerf bars. but i have adjusted them and now is fine

ben

·
Registered
145 Posts
i figured id give boots a try, i got the thor quadrants, they are comfortalbe enough, i cant afford the tech 8s or 10s, so well see how that works

·
Registered
58 Posts
i really like my new thor 50/50's
check the 50/50 thread here for pics... :)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
YO BROTAR

I'M ROCKIN THE ALPINE'S TECH 6 AND THEY ARE COMFORTABLE ONCE THEY BREAK IN.IN MATTER FACT WHEN I GO TO THE DUNES I NEVER CHANGE MY SHOES WHEN NOT RIDING.ALPINE'S ARE A LITTLE CO$TLY BUT WORTH THE BUCK.I WISH I WOULD OF BOUGHT THE TECH8'S?? BECAUSE I RUN STOCK PEGS AND THE SOLE'S ARE WEARIN DOWN PRETTY QUICK MAYBE 15 RIDES?-ONLY COMPLAINT

·
Registered
517 Posts
Answer!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have four pairs of the Thor Quadrant boot....one with the atv sole....do not get the atv sole if you plan on doing any walking.....after two yrs the sole on mine is as stiff as the day I bought em....they are great for walking in mud for traction but the sole is so thick that it doesn't bend when walking.....the only time that I wear mine with the atv sole is if I know that I will be in a whole lot of mud or just going to be on a mx track the whole time....the thick soles do dig in best on my foot pegs ;)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Justin Original work boots here. Steel toes, lace up for support, leather (so my feet can breathe), non-slip sole with tread that doesn't trap mud (or cow shit), padded tongue - they're comfy as tennis shoes.
And I don't have to pack another pair of boots or shoes for when I'm done riding and want to head into town.
Total cost: $180 for one pair of boots that I've worn to ride horses, ride quads, worked in, hiked in and even danced in for seven years.

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
I wear size 14 Fox Trackers, they were $150, nice quality. They took a while to break in and I kept miss shifting so I wore them everywhere I went for a few days and after that they broke in very nicely, now it's like wearing a pair of shoes, i love them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts