Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys im looking to building my bike a little. so far what i have in mind is a stage 2 cam with springs, some fcr 39mm carbs and a single exhuast for now unless i find a good deal on some duals. what would be a good single exhuast to run with this set up? sparks? barkers? thank u for ur help and please let me know if u know someone looking to get rid of some fcrs 39mm for a good price not to pricey. also doing this set up, would i bet some 450's? ltr's?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Porting, Higher compression piston and a good exhaust will be the best spent money. No need for FCR's yet. Stock carbs will still do well until you do many other mods first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well see my bro got a pair of 39mm and his shit is quick just with the carbs stage 2 cam and dual monsters. i wanna do pretty much the same thats why im looking for 39mm for now so i can smoke some 450s in the dunes

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Well just think how much quicker yours will be on stock carbs with the proper supporting mods. I had a 720 with 11:1, Stage 3 cam, Porting, no airbox and a Sparks with stock carbs and it ran very well. There is no point in the FCR's until you build a motor the stock carbs can't feed. On stock porting there is no need for that big of carbs.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I would say his new found power is coming from the pipes and cam, and not the carbs. FCR's have proven to gain minimal power on small motors. We did not see a gain of more than 1.5hp at the wheels for $1200 on a nice 727 build...

Nate

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You think so? Okay then well what would be the safest hc piston I can install on a hot rods stock crank and basically to make a long story short. What should I do that can beat a bike like my brothers and smoke 450s using my stock carbs?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
You think so? Okay then well what would be the safest hc piston I can install on a hot rods stock crank and basically to make a long story short. What should I do that can beat a bike like my brothers and smoke 450s using my stock carbs?
I suggest trail porting, stage 3 cam, 11 to 1 piston with a good exhaust and a 3 plughead, that will beat pretty well any 450 around and be a total riot on the trails..............

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
I suggest trail porting, stage 3 cam, 11 to 1 piston with a good exhaust and a 3 plughead, that will beat pretty well any 450 around and be a total riot on the trails..............
:wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts