Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
How much money do you want to spend? New or used?

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
You didn't answer either of the questions. Also, what kind of riding do you do and are there any sound restrictions where you ride?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like 2 spend around 300 if I can yes on the noise restrictions I don't care if its used just don't want 2 get a pos

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
FMF Q series, any yoshimura with a the tec kit, or an HMF with the quiet core.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
not really.... what colour is your bike? I have an HMF system with a blue can that I might sell for the right price

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I have the full yoshimura exhaust, i like the sound and for the state of MI, it meets all of the sound restrictions, at 94dB

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my bike is red and white but going 2 flat black it .. yeah the dnr love me every time i ride i get 2 talk with them lol

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Sparks single or Barkers Duals are probably neither one going to meet the noise requirement either. Well the Barkers might with the quiet core, but I'm almost positive if they want to get stingey about the sound with the Sparks, it won't pass.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Good luck passing any aftermarket pipe unless you have a QC installed or they are made to be quiet(FMF Q,Stock). I was at 97db with my Sparks at SL this last time. As long as you are cool and respect the DNR you will be fine with most exhaust but there will always be the one officer that will not be cool...

In the 2-300 price range you will have to look at a used exhaust though as new ones are usually more then that price. I bought my Sparks used for $250 locally. Had to get a Spark Arrester for $35 and I repacked it also for $20 as it was the non modular end cap and the S/A had to rivet to the core. I also bout a FMF full exhaust for just over $100 but can't recall the exact amount right now but it was painted black. A bit of steel wool and she looks real good now.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
CT. it can be toned down by removing discs. you might find a used one for $300 if you hit ebay hard. looking back i wish i would have gotten duals...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts