Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, i know its been talked about soooo many times but i dont know so ill ask my buds on here.

Ok so an update on my impending predicament! My rear stock tires are soon to be trash tires... They are still holding with about half an inch left but feels like they just spin from under me all the time even when im on the 5th gear and i decide to punch it it feels like im loosing all my power.

So im incorporating a pic of the tires i want well maybe unless you guys know of a better one for the kind of trails i ride... PIC:

Heres the link on kendas site: http://www.kendausa.com/en/home/atv/sport/kutter-xc.aspx

Now im wondering what size would look good with my still good front stockers. I dont know what size would be good on the stock rim also but by looking at the site can you give me some pointers?

I ride hard packed, rocky some mud and alot of dusty hard packed gravel roads. I need something tuff that will last for real long and will resist jagged rocks and those spikey stumps coming out of the trails sometimes.

Why am i going into this well im lucky i just got asked to redo a laptop so ill be getting some money from that work and i will be able to get them sooner then i taught!

Thanks guy's as always i appreciate your help!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
20/11/9 to fit stock rims. I've heard good things about those. I love my ITP MUDLITE SP's made just for sport quads and are bullet proof hadn't cut a sidewall yet the hook up in everything some times to well. The HD OR GNCC's are good to not to mention the razor 2's. Sounds like you're wanting a 6 ply tire for those ricks and roots that's why I went mudlites.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah spider is right on target!!! Is money a factor? Obviously you wanna spend as little as possible but just wondering if 200 is too much? I spent 2 bills on my razr2's and couldn't be happier. My buddy runs the mudlites on his grizzly and nothing can stop his ass haha!
I have an extra set of razr1's 20-11-9 that I would let go for hmmm... hows 100 bucks you ship sound? They have 1 ride on them.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya i know about your love and hate issues on youtube with those LOL. Just shredding the hell out of them LOL. I just dont like the look they have. I like the RAZR2's but for the price of them nah!

I dont want them to be too high on the side wall either. It seems like the stockers in the back are a little taller then the fronts but i know its not the case. I dont want to end up with my back tires feeling higher than on the front thats all.

Can someone explain these numbers:

20 being? Diameter? 11 Being? width and 9? side wall height?

Do i have this right?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
20 +diam. 11 being width 9 rim size I updated my post above!

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah spider is right on target!!! Is money a factor? Obviously you wanna spend as little as possible but just wondering if 200 is too much? I spent 2 bills on my razr2's and couldn't be happier. My buddy runs the mudlites on his grizzly and nothing can stop his ass haha!
I have an extra set of razr1's 20-11-9 that I would let go for hmmm... hows 100 bucks you ship sound? They have 1 ride on them.
Sorry Carp i have to pass on those...I think im pretty set on the kutters ill stop at the shop near my house tonight and order them.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Sure man no prob... Figured I'd throw'em out there to ya and save you a little cash. But the kutters are some good tires you wont be disapointed.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
20/11/9 to fit stock rims. I've heard good things about those. I love my ITP MUDLITE SP's made just for sport quads and are bullet proof hadn't cut a sidewall yet the hook up in everything some times to well. The HD OR GNCC's are good to not to mention the razor 2's. Sounds like you're wanting a 6 ply tire for those ricks and roots that's why I went mudlites.
Ya i heard good things also and for the price ya cant go wrong! 80$ down 40$ more down this week. Man ill have them sooner than i taught! Reviews say they are really tough and last real long. The hook up is supposed to be great also. 1 more thing is with the lug sizes i can probably stud them for this winter and tell the snow and ice to kiss my fat behind LOL.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sure man no prob... Figured I'd throw'em out there to ya and save you a little cash. But the kutters are some good tires you wont be disapointed.
Cool! Thats exactoly what i wanted to hear! So i should be good to go. Damn i forgot ill have to have them mounted on the rims i hope the tire shop next door can do them without f-ing my rims up! Bah ill ask if they can without scratching them to shnitts...Or ill just go to an atv dealer 30 minutes up the road to have em mounted.

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I'll be curious to see how you like these tires Frenchie, I've been taking a hard look at these. I've got Kenda Knarly's on the 660, and I don't know what direction I'm going to go when it's time to get new rubber on there yet, but like I said, I've looked at these. I'll be curious to see how they look on your ride, so make sure you post some pictures as soon as you get them. And obviously a review once you've had a chance to get a ride or two under your belt.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh i will when i get my hands on the camera. Still got some pics to take with the new stickers on thats for sure. Ya i will post pics and review them real good for everyone to know! I think a couple people on here have em and are really satisfied with them. I think some said same quality or a little better on the wear factor then the razr2's. I just dont want to pay for the name.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I'm thinking that WHATEVER tire you decide to go with will be 1987689257865 times better than what you got, basically saying that anything will be a huge improvement.

Congrats on the new shoes Frenchie :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So maybe by the end of June or jully i should have em installed and ready to go!

Looks like 100$ a peice. Ill try to deal them a little with the install bit. I can only put down 40$ per 2 weeks on these so its still going to be a bit of a wait!

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm thinking that WHATEVER tire you decide to go with will be 1987689257865 times better than what you got, basically saying that anything will be a huge improvement.

Congrats on the new shoes Frenchie :thumbsup:
Thanks but they arent here yet! They will be sooner or later. I think these will be good for me...Well i hope LOL

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I have the Kenda Knarlys and so far I am very happy with them but I am very interested in the Kutters so really looking forward to seeing your review frenchie.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Will do a good one and try to take a vid of them in action...I really need someone to lend me their helmet vid for a week LOL. Anyone wanting to rent theirs out LOL! dammit LOL...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ive run the Razr2s ever since I had gone through the holeshots XCRs. The XCRs were good but shot in a season. I ride in reeeeeally gnarly, rocky, rutted stuff which is mostly hard pack, shelf rock, rocks, and whatevewr else the woods can possibly throw acha and my Razr 2s are now on their second season and look a whole lot like they did new...:thumbsup: I was also thinking of spending a little less and trying the Kendas since I've heard all good things about 'em.....but they still aint no Razr2s!:grin_nod: I've never ridden a tire that hooks, slides, and LASTS like they do.....just some extra feedback.....

·
Registered
240 Posts
Razr2's are a proven tire however I've heard some awesome stuff about the Kenda's lately. I'm going to run a set of Kenda Parker DT's next season.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
123.99 each rear for RAZR2'S in Canada vs 93.99 each rear Kutters XC. Its a no brainer. Or is it. Man im messed up LMAO. I really need a coffee LOL.

Thanks for the posts guy's. You know taking the time to answer and giving some honest feedback. Its really appreciated!!!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I will tell you that I like the Kenda Knarly much more for mud because the x type of lugs that the GNCCs and razrs use don't throw the mud as well as these. The Kutter seems like a good hybrid between the x type and the square one the Knarlys have.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts