Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the story. Went to Silver lake with my haulers on and was amazed how good the hooked up. Came home rode with them on a few times out back. Put on my razr2's on stock wheels and :wow: Light tires make a HUGE difference. I know razr2's are't the lightest but now I'm looking for a different tire:lol:

I ride normal trails nothing rough anymore. I'm not doing much drag racing with this aside from the normal race you friend here and there. I have a set of 75% razrs on my other raptor I might swap out. Just am starting to realize how much a lighter weight quad gets up and goes. One day I might do more Drag racing but not at the moment.

I also know I run a 660 but the 700 forums are more active on here and this doesn't apply to a 660 or 700 anyway. Just wondering what everyone runs???

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
ITP GNCC's are a good compromise between relatively light and sturdy. They are AFAIK the lightest 6 ply out there.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I honestly don't even need tough tires. I was thinking about running my haulers all the time:lol: as it is mostly just hardpack dirt and sand. My Old DS had some Kenda's on it that were not 6ply and they did fine over the years. I don't ride in any rocky stuff. I will keep my Razr2's if I go to ride somewhere rocky though.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I have some Douglas blue labels I can put them on. My Banshee had some bald holeshots on it when I got it and wow it was fast, never thought about it being faster because of the weight but it makes sense now.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
If durability is not a concern, 4snow tires even though they are made for snow are quite insane in most situations... they are a bit fragile though and only available in 22"... At the end of the season we usually leave 'em on for a bit to finish 'em off and they are very fun :)

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
Would you consider just running stock tires with blue label wheels? I have razr2's on the stock wheels amd if I remember right theyre about 45lbs total. But I think stock tires are pretty light compared to what you have now.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was kinda looking for at like what the best or lightest style like holeshot, Maxis, kenda as I still am going to trail ride them but nothing crazy. I have my sand tires just looking for a lighter all around tire. I might just put the razr 1's on that I have and see what it does.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I think these razr2's have lead in the tread to weigh them down:lol: but I don't have any stockers but I might look for some cheap ones on CL and give it a shot.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Yeah I think these razr2's have lead in the tread to weigh them down:lol: but I don't have any stockers but I might look for some cheap ones on CL and give it a shot.
ill trade my stockers for your razrs :lol:

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts