Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question...... Can a trail and sand pit riding whit a turbo kit and stock swing-arm.

Question 2 : is it realy safe for full day ride ( stock engine), with pump gaz... Ect.

Thanks.

Luc

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
From what I know of, there isnt anyone that makes a trail turbo kit. You can have a turbo on a stock bike, a swinger that is extended would really help also! I would think it would depend on how you drive it, it could last all day, if you drive it somewhat easy, but if you drive like a crazy maniac that just had 5 Monster Energy drinks, it might not... but I am not a turbo guy. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
:bump: I'm interested to see what people say :p...

I know you will run pump gas because turbos run at lower compression's in general so your fine running pump 91 gas. Turbo plus trail isn't fun at all... I wouldn't recommend but you can try.

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
We make a trail kit for the D7 turbo kit. If you are interested then I have some pictures that I can send over to you.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I built this for the trail...

Granted our trails are wide and long but I intend on trailriding it..Stock engine with a turbo on 93 octane is easily done.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
We make a trail kit for the D7 turbo kit. If you are interested then I have some pictures that I can send over to you.
It will be great to have pic and the " how to" + price for the trail kit.

Do I need a longuer swing, or stock will do the job.
Do I need a drag clutch for 100 wheel HP?
Do I need a need Dino- tuning for this kit, or just bolt on.
Do I need free healthcare for my safety .... Dho !!! Already have that in Canada.

Ect....

Thanks.
Luc.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I built this for the trail...

Granted our trails are wide and long but I intend on trailriding it..Stock engine with a turbo on 93 octane is easily done.
..... So beautiful, I want to hold it in my arms... LoL

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Do I need a longuer swing, or stock will do the job.
Do I need a drag clutch for 100 wheel HP?
Do I need a need Dino- tuning for this kit, or just bolt on.
Do I need free healthcare for my safety .... Dho !!! Already have that in Canada.
Yes, unless you want to be wheeling all the time:lol:
If I remember right, the D7 kit comes with the Direct Drive clutch, not sure though...
No, D7 claims that you just bolt on, no tuning needed...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Silly question ...but, Direct Drive clutch ?

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
From what I know of, there isnt anyone that makes a trail turbo kit.
JVR used to sell a D7 kit that was trail oriented with a different intake setup and rear exit exhaust. I do not know if these parts are still available from anyone or if there are any alternatives currently available.

You can have a turbo on a stock bike
Correct, there are many who have original engines with turbo kits on them.

I would think it would depend on how you drive it, it could last all day, if you drive it somewhat easy, but if you drive like a crazy maniac that just had 5 Monster Energy drinks, it might not... but I am not a turbo guy.
I'm not sure what you mean by "last all day" and "might not", but if you run the proper octane and a reasonable level of boost you should be able to run all day long without incident regardless of how hard you lay into the throttle.

I know you will run pump gas because turbos run at lower compression's in general so your fine running pump 91 gas.
The fuel you run or rather octane you require is a function of the level of boost you operate at, the altitude, the ambient temperature, and any modifications to the engine itself. You can set a turbo'd 700 with a stock engine to run on pump gas, race gas, or more exotic fuels.

Turbo plus trail isn't fun at all... I wouldn't recommend but you can try.
Have you ridden a turbo 700R in the trails? I don't know of many that have, but I don't recall any of them warning me to avoid doing so.

If I remember right, the D7 kit comes with the Direct Drive clutch, not sure though...
Not part of the D7 package, you'll need to order that separately.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Not one for not trying to sell a engine kit over a turbo kit, but for what your doing IMO I would do a nice motor build. Less stuff to get ripped off or break while trail riding or worrying about water/mud getting into everything. Plus the snap of a good motor build off the bottom to me is a lot more fun for trail riding and jumping etc. Pump gas with a turbo isn't that impressive and you will find yourself getting whoop on by lesser bikes. Now you want to stretch it out, get some race fuel and come to the dunes let me know and Ill hook you up:D

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Not one for not trying to sell a engine kit over a turbo kit, but for what your doing IMO I would do a nice motor build. Less stuff to get ripped off or break while trail riding or worrying about water/mud getting into everything. Plus the snap of a good motor build off the bottom to me is a lot more fun for trail riding and jumping etc. Pump gas with a turbo isn't that impressive and you will find yourself getting whoop on by lesser bikes. Now you want to stretch it out, get some race fuel and come to the dunes let me know and Ill hook you up:D
+1. Pump gas turbo builds are eh... turbos have their spot, and motor builds have their spot.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Turbo's are not a one size fits all. Do you enter a 300' drag quad in a MX race. ;)

As in the automotive world we do offer turbo kits that work in different environments.

Give us a call tell us what you want.

Bob D7 Racing
775-742-2005

PS. We do offer kits that come with DD Lockers and much much more......8)

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by "last all day" and "might not", but if you run the proper octane and a reasonable level of boost you should be able to run all day long without incident regardless of how hard you lay into the throttle.

Not part of the D7 package, you'll need to order that separately.
What I mean by that, is he asked if a turbo'd bike would last all day, is you can make a turbo bike not last, if you beat on it, but if you know how to ride, and treat your bike good, it will last A LONG time.

I thought I heard that there was a DD Lock-Out and a PCV/PC3 included at one time, it might have been a special?

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
What I mean by that, is he asked if a turbo'd bike would last all day, is you can make a turbo bike not last, if you beat on it, but if you know how to ride, and treat your bike good, it will last A LONG time.

I thought I heard that there was a DD Lock-Out and a PCV/PC3 included at one time, it might have been a special?
I beat the piss out of mine all day long :lol:. 2nd gear WOT launches at 15psi one after another. And what the kit comes with depends on who you buy from and what you ask for. I'm sure any of the companies will sell you whatever you want extra, but things like clutch work aren't usually included in their basic turbo kit. At one time, jvr had an option of either a +6 swingarm or a dd lockout with the purchase of their (d7) kit...that may be what you are remembering.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts

You don't build a motor to be easy on it now;) You build it and beat the piss out of it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts