Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all new to fourms i just got 09 raptor wanted know good upgrades for it. web sites got good prices. thanks guys

·
Registered
197 Posts
are you looking for performance upgrades or cosmetic?

·
Registered
836 Posts
I've gotten the best deals on ebay.. You can get stuff for some great prices on there sometimes
Rocky Mountain ATV also is a great online store for atv accessories.

Seeing that you are looking to get some more power, I would first start off with some Filter/intake setup, an exhaust, and a jet kit. After those 3 small modifications you will notice a huge increase in power.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I would say ebay is the best overall site that has everything you will need...Motosport and Rockymountainatv are good sites as well for the smaller parts.

·
Registered
836 Posts
what kind of riding do you do?

·
Registered
836 Posts
if where you ride is all dry, I would try the Velocity Intake. It's similar to a K&N cold air intake, and allows for maximum flow..
If you ride in wet conditions, I would try the CFM aluminum air box. It too is like a cold air intake, but it has an airbox around the filter to protect it from water, mud, and other harmful things...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ride mosly mud CFM aluminum air box. I tryed looking for it could not find any thing for my 250 only 350

·
Registered
608 Posts
I would start with your frame before anything. Do yourself a favor and upgrade to a gusset for your frame and motor mounts .
+1 i think between you , me ,and lil lady we have like 6 frames all toast:eek:

one bump and its all over for them p.o.s frames!!!:wow:

·
Registered
608 Posts
I ride mosly mud CFM aluminum air box. I tryed looking for it could not find any thing for my 250 only 350
trust me on this . no k&n !!!! smoked 2 engines

buy a pro design they are $ but the best!!! and run your air box lid off , but a little trick that helped us win the heartland challenge , and 2 championships in 2009 . is get some cushin foam and cut it like 2inch wide and 12-14 long. stuff it on the sides of your air box from back all the way up to your carb but leave the center open at the carb . then the most important is cut a chunk to fill the space in the back at the seat lock stick it in and slam seat shut . alot of water and mud comes in these areas and this fixs it believe me . we had peolpe come up after the race and say i cant believe justin smoked through that mud and water when alot of others were dead . i just say ya he got lucky!!! :D

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Haha there you go Troy never tell the competition your secret. How has Justin been doing on the 450?

Now back on topic, there's a near endless amount of things you can do to these. A good rear skid plate for you would be PRM to start with.

·
Registered
608 Posts
not enough coin to run a 450 at the time:( ,so he's gona run the 250 rappy one more year but am gona run mx this year, :rolleyes: got it all switched over and have been practiceing indoor so we will see:D

i have plenty of secrets on that bike:D

and ask quadjunkies i made a kick ass rear skid for the 250!!!! them or justin haven't broke it yet:D

·
Registered
345 Posts
+1 i think between you , me ,and lil lady we have like 6 frames all toast:eek:

one bump and its all over for them p.o.s frames!!!:wow:
Lol exactly ! Thats one big misconception with the 250 and yamaha both ! Yami should be kicked in the nards for that frame.
All owners at minimum need the upgraded motor mounts. Dunes...woods...anyone jumping..ect
its not a matter of if it could happen but rather - when.

·
Registered
836 Posts
They should have put a really strong aluminum frame like the 2009 - current YFZ has...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm 170 and beat it hard, not a whole lot of jumping though. So far all is good. Motor mounts normally go first? Anyone make beefier ones? Frame on ebay right now for 100 bucks. Could take your time getting it all gusseted up and powder coated, then switch :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts