·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Google it.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
What is the website for Barkers??
Tim Barker generally won't answer the phone when you call Barkers Performance Exhaust, he's usually at the shop so ask for his number and call him. I spoke to him last year about the set up. I really don't think he's in the business of building 3 plug heads anymore and he'll probably tell you that they really didn't see that much gain from it. PM Willy if you're serious about the mod. Many people on this site have recently added the 3 plug mod and have spoke in favor of the horsepower gains but no one has added the three plug mod to a bike that was already Bored, Stroked, Ported, High compression piston, Radical cam, ignition timing adjustments and FCR carbs so It is difficult to say how much improvement comes from the mod on it's own merits. It does look good on paper and it makes perfect horsepower logic especially if you're building a high RPM motor. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
If your serious about a 3 pluger try PM,ing WillyKiller or myself...

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Barker charges 600 for 3 plug setup and 1000 for hv port job.
Don't forget about the coil and $15 each for the spark plugs to. Crazy it only cost $600 for the 3 plug setup. It looks like a lot of work and skilled work at that. Look at a HV ported 3 plug head by Barker and you will wish you had the skills to do such a thing(Unless your Willykiller). I just sold my 3 plug HV ported head and Dyna for a good price to another member on here but it needed a bit of work on it by Barker before it could run again.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Don't forget about the coil and $15 each for the spark plugs to. Crazy it only cost $600 for the 3 plug setup. It looks like a lot of work and skilled work at that. Look at a HV ported 3 plug head by Barker and you will wish you had the skills to do such a thing(Unless your Willykiller). I just sold my 3 plug HV ported head and Dyna for a good price to another member on here but it needed a bit of work on it by Barker before it could run again.
I saw your head and we talked a few times thru pm's about it. I wanted it and the x4 but wasn't sure how much barker was going to charge to redo the jb weld and you ended up selling it before i could get a response back from barker. Really what I wouldn't mind doing is having Willy do his 3 plug design to my head then sending it to barker for him to hv port it. But that would cost way to much $$$.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Yeah the X4 cam was in need of repair, 2 bent valves, and needed re epoxy. I sold the 3 plug head, coil, programmable Dyna, and a good set of rockers for $500. He had to send it to barker to get it fixed. Not a bad price for a dyna and head but hard to sell stuff with it needing work. I didn't want to spend the money on fixing it just to have it sit. I payed $850 for the head last year ready to bolt on but the epoxy was already lifting back then though. I bought it sight unseen but I was happy to get it. I paid $200 for the Dyna and $36 shipped for the 2 small spark plugs:eek:. Jeno88 has it now and I wonder how it will run for him now that it is gonna be all nice and fixed up from Barker.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought the quad 2nd hand Don't know alot about it, Bought it road for 25min hard, Then piston broke. Motor is apart crazy thing is Piston is 100 An motor is sleaved to 105. Piston was a Je 100. Ordered a wieco 105. Want to have enought balls to beat a 400ex with stage 2 kit.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Note to anyone with HV porting
If your builder puts ANYTHING less than either Devcon or Belzona epoxies into the ports, then it's only a matter of time till the epoxy comes out.
JB weld etc just are not up to this.

Having bought a head, & then having had to re-epoxy & port it myself, I know just how much work is involved in this.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
I bought the quad 2nd hand Don't know alot about it, Bought it road for 25min hard, Then piston broke. Motor is apart crazy thing is Piston is 100 An motor is sleaved to 105. Piston was a Je 100. Ordered a wieco 105. Want to have enought balls to beat a 400ex with stage 2 kit.
You bought a bike with a 105mm bore and it was running a 100mm piston...you had 0.200" clearance? If that's correct you were riding a time bomb.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
I had a barker +4 crank and did not like the top end power. The stroker crank had tons of low torque but seemed to flatten out up top. I sold the stroker crank and went back to a stock stroke with a 3 plugger. It doesn't have quite as much low torque as the stroker but it has so much more top end. Now I can outrun raptor 700's and 450's with ease!... and when I say that I'm not just trying to make you think my quad is fast like people on craigslist do.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Note to anyone with HV porting
If your builder puts ANYTHING less than either Devcon or Belzona epoxies into the ports, then it's only a matter of time till the epoxy comes out.
JB weld etc just are not up to this.

Having bought a head, & then having had to re-epoxy & port it myself, I know just how much work is involved in this.
I used Devcon to but it also peeled up slightly to. I agree trying to re epoxy is a PITA. I was gonna do it this rebuild season on mine but got my 700 so just parted out that 660.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Are u going to hv port that 700?
Nope, it has a head ported for stock valves by Bo on it right now. HV isn't as popular on a 700 as the 660's I think it has to do with the design of the ports. One day I will get a bigger head but nothing for now. Just trying to get it going so I can ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Time bomb, Yes only rode 20+- mins an spark fired piston went crocked, An caught the sleeaave. An snap the rod roghtoff the Piston

1 - 20 of 23 Posts