Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I'm looking to get my first ATV and settled on the 700 due to binge watching youtube lol. Mainly because its said to be the more comfortable and powerful of the bunch.
That said I can take it easy on the throttle till acclimated.
First question since the engine and suspension wear out why do folks ask for current retail for used ones and what should I offer for used ones.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Supply and demand.
Low to no supply right now, along with high demand, so ridiculous prices.
Figured so. With that what are yesterdays prices on used raptor 700s? Just asking because it seems like I'd be better off getting a loan for a new one. Seems like that's the way to go considering the used market is full of pipe dreams with no titles and beat atvs.
I'd like to get one used but do not want to over pay what they were worth pre virus...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Figured so. With that what are yesterdays prices on used raptor 700s? Just asking because it seems like I'd be better off getting a loan for a new one. Seems like that's the way to go considering the used market is full of pipe dreams with no titles and beat atvs.
I'd like to get one used but do not want to over pay what they were worth pre virus...
Sold my 2015 raptor 700 in great shape last year for $5200 took about 2 weeks to sell. Had it listed for $5500. Located in MI

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sold my 2015 raptor 700 in great shape last year for $5200 took about 2 weeks to sell. Had it listed for $5500. Located in MI

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Man I really wish folks down this way were reasonable as such. Here in Texas dudes are asking 8k for an 06-10. 8-10k from there.

·
Registered
636 Posts
You might want to check and see if you can find a new one to buy. I know where I live there are none. 5-8k for a 6-14ish and then up from there for newer. Wouldn't count on prices coming down anytime soon, maybe in a couple of years. As long as covid is around it's gonna be this way...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok. Well I'll see what is available. Maybe they would have some 2020 models around. Are the shocks the same on the base and SE?

·
Registered
636 Posts
No the R and the SE come with remote reservoir shocks front and rear the base has only the rear. I wouldn't expect to see any new 20's unless you live somewhere where there is no demand for sport quads even then it would be highly unlikely. . I would decide how far I'm willling to travel and what I'm willing to spend and then watch market place and craigslist at least 5 times a day.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No the R and the SE come with remote reservoir shocks front and rear the base has only the rear. I wouldn't expect to see any new 20's unless you live somewhere where there is no demand for sport quads even then it would be highly unlikely. . I would decide how far I'm willing to travel and what I'm willing to spend and then watch market place and craigslist at least 5 times a day.
Well I'd travel throughout Texas for a good one. The plus on that for me is a Texas tittle. It doesn't necessarily have to be new. It really boils down the the quad and price.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Man I really wish folks down this way were reasonable as such. Here in Texas dudes are asking 8k for an 06-10. 8-10k from there.

Would suggest buying new to be honest, in 99.9% of cases buying new you know what you’re getting is good. Pre virus prices were a lot more reasonable for used machines, I was able to get a single owner, garage kept title in hand 06’ with low hours for 3,500 that looks like new. Right now everything is over priced used, can’t believe people are asking 7,000 for a 07’ here in Dallas…

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Would suggest buying new to be honest, in 99.9% of cases buying new you know what you’re getting is good. Pre virus prices were a lot more reasonable for used machines, I was able to get a single owner, garage kept title in hand 06’ with low hours for 3,500 that looks like new. Right now everything is over priced used, can’t believe people are asking 7,000 for a 07’ here in Dallas…
Yeah man I feel like used should be 3-4k max, but that's just me. I guess I don't see the value as some folks would. Is there anywhere to ride in the DFW? I'm north of Fort Worth.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah man I feel like used should be 3-4k max, but that's just me. I guess I don't see the value as some folks would. Is there anywhere to ride in the DFW? I'm north of Fort Worth.
Luckily there’s big trails right next to my house, so I can go riding whenever I want but the only 3 parks I know and have been to and know they’re good around here in DFW would be;
shady grove in Irving
Bushy creek in royse city
Red river run in Jacksonville

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Luckily there’s big trails right next to my house, so I can go riding whenever I want but the only 3 parks I know and have been to and know they’re good around here in DFW would be;
shady grove in Irving
Bushy creek in royse city
Red river run in Jacksonville
Well that's something to consider. I was thinking of finding places to go when I get board putting around the neighborhood. I'll look around on my side of town or west even. I'm sure there's something not to far out. Do you think the police would give a ticket for riding around a neighborhood? I'm sure its a loaded question. I'm just wondering how many have gotten a ticket for riding on the road.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well that's something to consider. I was thinking of finding places to go when I get board putting around the neighborhood. I'll look around on my side of town or west even. I'm sure there's something not to far out. Do you think the police would give a ticket for riding around a neighborhood? I'm sure its a loaded question. I'm just wondering how many have gotten a ticket for riding on the road.
Can’t say for sure, I luckily haven’t gotten a ticket yet but I have been stopped 3 times. Depends on the agency and how much of a problem it is in the area. Cops definitely do notice you when they see you though, but it’s really Officer discretion of whether they stop you and ticket you or just give you a warning. Pretty sure cops can ticket you for it if they do catch you though.

·
Registered
2020 Raptor 700
63 Posts
I know everyone wants to see "title in hand" but some states don't title ATVs. Georgia, where I live and where Raptors are made, does not. Just saying so maybe it'll ease your mind a bit when searching for used if thats the route you go.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Can’t say for sure, I luckily haven’t gotten a ticket yet but I have been stopped 3 times. Depends on the agency and how much of a problem it is in the area. Cops definitely do notice you when they see you though, but it’s really Officer discretion of whether they stop you and ticket you or just give you a warning. Pretty sure cops can ticket you for it if they do catch you though.
Good deal man. I'll stop some of the folks around here riding and see what their reaction is. Most just putt through on the weekends. I know the cops became more relaxed about fireworks, so hopefully the same applies.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know everyone wants to see "title in hand" but some states don't title ATVs. Georgia, where I live and where Raptors are made, does not. Just saying so maybe it'll ease your mind a bit when searching for used if thats the route you go.
I'll have to check on that. Most of the ads I see say tittle in hand, so I'd need to check into the tittle ordeal. My plan is to watch the new and used market and come up with a game plan to buy at a reduced cost. Im thinking fall would be a good time to find deals. Idk though.

·
Registered
2020 Raptor 700
63 Posts
I'll have to check on that. Most of the ads I see say tittle in hand, so I'd need to check into the tittle ordeal. My plan is to watch the new and used market and come up with a game plan to buy at a reduced cost. Im thinking fall would be a good time to find deals. Idk though.
I bought new in October of last year and it was a miracle I found one within a couple hours of me. The dealerships don't really know when they're coming, from what I understand, so you kinda have to get lucky. I happened to call when they had 4 of them on the way to them, and the rest were gone by the time I drove there 2 hours away.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts