Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after some pretty awesome sunny winter months looks like the rain of the last 3 months is finally going away. Tomorrow will be the first week here of no rain forecast for months. Temps finally getting to the upper 70's low 80's for the foreseeable future:) Yesterday's high was 58. I have this week off so am riding Tuesday and then camping/riding Fri, Sat, Sun. Forecast is showing 90 right now for Saturday, I hope it comes true. Creeks are still running fast and deep from all the rain and Thursday was the first day I could get over one of the highest passes so it's game on. Did about 140 miles, rode pretty much all day with just a few short stops. Want to get in as much riding as I can before the fires come and they start shutting areas down.

Serviced and lubed the 18, it's what I call my dirty bike. It's the one I use when it's wet or until things really dry out. Still make it spotless clean after every ride. Plus the tires are bald so I can ride pavement all I want and not worry about wearing them out. It's already loaded in the truck for Tuesday. Just need to load all my stuff in the bag. Did figure out a way to attach my backpack to the bag in my six pack rack, it's where I carry my extra fuel, one tank is never enough. So now I don't have to carry it on my back.

My wife finally talked me into getting a Inreach Mini satelite tracker. Can text back and fourth with her from anywhere. Kind of takes the some of the thrill out of it. Feels like cheating never being out of service range. Guess it is a good idea with as much as I'm out in the middle of nowhere where there is no cell coverage. The older I get the less I want to walk for miles to get someplace where I can get service or worse get to "camp" overnight. I've done that twice and really hope to never have to do it again. The woods get to be a little creepy when it's pitch dark and you're all alone...

·
Administrator
9,451 Posts
Thats a pretty good idea grabbing the inreach for all the solo missions.

Reactions: ethanSD
1 - 2 of 2 Posts