Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always looking for new riders. Drop me a line if you live in the LA area and like riding GLAMIS, GORMAN, PISMO, or racing in BAJA. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
120 Posts
heading to johnson valley oct 7

·
Registered
579 Posts
Mojave desert.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i'm in orange county, about 40 miles from LA, hit me up and we can rep the west! 8)
infact i don't have anyone to ride with this weekend. :3question:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's up Nick?! This weekend is my bday so I've got plans already, but check this out.....we have plans for GLAMIS on the 20th of this month. There's a huge crowd going. Let me know if you're down.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
friday, sat and sunda? or when you leaving friday?
someone has hit me up about the 26-29th to go to glamis, but it i go then i have to request time off work. well even if i go with you the 20th i would have to req sat off, and maybe friday ,depending on when you leave.
and happpppy birthday!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
we are going out sat. oct 7th. I will be at Soggy Dry Lake area. 20 min east of victorvill off the 247 to Bessemer Mine rd. Go north about 3 miles and you will see the staging areas and the large dry lakebed.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
what time are you off work? and what freeway's are you taking? right now i don't have a trailer...so i'm kinda a dead weight....i'm right off the 5 :grin_nod:
if your going that way

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Get off at 3pm & plan on leaving no later than 7pm. There are about 20 other quads going. I'm pulling 2 got space for one more in my toybox. We take the 605 to the 10. I live right where the 5 and the 605 meet. If you have your bike there before 7 you're in!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Putter700 said:
we are going out sat. oct 7th. I will be at Soggy Dry Lake area. 20 min east of victorvill off the 247 to Bessemer Mine rd. Go north about 3 miles and you will see the staging areas and the large dry lakebed.
Are you camping on the Lake bed? I hate Bessemer Mine Road - it really tears up a motorhome! :mad:

I am going out Saturday Morning to hook up with some club members who will be raciing at the So Cal H&H on Sunday.

http://www.socalmc.com/images/Display/FlyerPrint.jpg

I will try to shoot by Soggy Dry lake and look for you. What do you drive?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Johnson Valley is the largest OHV area in California. It is huge. Lots of different type of riding. Lots of rocks, whoops, dry lake beds, mountains and places to go exploring. No dunes thought but lots of really fast sandwashes. I have raced (D37 Desert) out there for years and still find new trails all the time.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds Awesome!!!! I'd love to go with someone who knows their way around there. I can't make it these next two weekends coming up, but anytime after that, I'm down if someone is willing to be the guide. Let me know!!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any time! Sounds like a good opportunity for a group ride. I just got my Raptor and will ride it for the first time on Saturday. I have ridden dirt bikes in Johnson Valley for years and know of a bunch of A, B and C skill level areas. My Schedule frees up after Thanksgiving so we should plan on a December Raptor Forum ride.

·
Registered
120 Posts
well the wifes bike is not running :mad:

i'm going to try it once more tonight if it works i'll be up there sat about 9:30ish
going to be near the restrooms for the girls

i'll have a 2000 yukon xl 2w stock peweter with a 16' utility trailer and a blue ezup canopy
i'll post later tonight my status

·
Registered
120 Posts
got it running :thumbsup:
loaded and ready to go!
we should be there 9:30-10:00

1 - 20 of 49 Posts