Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from riding over weekend and was riding with another 07 raptor and 08 450 both were leaving my quad for dead in straight line I was gettingbeaten by 50 meters and all quads are stock, had throttle fully open and seemed like it was going no where compared to the other quads, what could this be dirty fuel? Spark plug? Injectors? Any ideas

·
Registered
361 Posts
Was it sputtering or popping? Need more info.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Clutch is 3 yrs old and it was more just reving out and not going anywhere not getting any power at all,was being blown away by stock 450 something is definately wrong

·
Registered
361 Posts
I would look at the clutch, tires, condition of oil.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Clutch is 3 yrs old and it was more just reving out and not going anywhere not getting any power at all,was being blown away by stock 450 something is definately wrong
The clutch must be slipping...............

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
My clutch was going out it just revved especially in higher gears actually it pulled until I hit 3rd then it started slipping I'd have to ease out the gas let the engine speed the tire up to speed and baby it back to truck.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Get on tqsatv.com and order a oem clutch rebuild kit. It will come with all the full fibers that you will need. If you want a stiffer clutch ask Steve for the 30% springs as well. Or you can contact DL700 @ HDD and get the same kit.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
dont u usually replace the pressure plates as well? not just the fibers?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Check the steels if they are still in good shape you can sand blast them off and reuse them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts