Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The jetting is so close now... I installed the 155/160 combo and now it's running a lot better.

Now it will kinda stumble when I first try to rev it from idle, then I get one good steady rev from idle to top end, and then it goes to crap again after it returns to idle and I try to rev it again.

I started investigating. and I'm not sure if this is the problem or not, but one of the springs to the needle is missing, not the big one right under the cap, but the little tiny spring that goes between the gray plug and the needle.

Is that something the dealership would have?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
i didnt even have to open this to know you lost the tiny needle spring. I would think you need it, if you didnt they probably wouldnt have put it on there. I wonder if you will be able to get the spring or have to order a needle and everything?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know I need it... I just wasn't sure if that's why it was running weird.

I just got off the phone with the dealership and they want $25 because it's part of the needle kit.

Does anyone have any carbs laying around they want to part out???

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had a set of these springs coming with my jet kit. DynoJet knows that they are easy lose. Let me check tonite and i will let you know.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
If not you can match one up at the hardware from the other side...A good sized hardware anyways..

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I finished a race day using the spring from a retractable ball point pen...

Worked but I wouldn't recommend it as a long term solution. ;)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
From what I have seen it only holds the needle down. Try MD's pen trick till you get a replacement. Weekends here and I'll bet your looking to finish tuning it?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nah, I'm not in much of a hurry, it's been raining here too much. I'm just sick of messing with it and want the piece of mind of having it done. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I looked in my Raptor spare parts and i do have 2 of them. I can send you 1 but i live in Canada. Maybe Maxb750 live closer to you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
yo axl5 where u located in ontaio, im from sudbury, u close?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am in Milton. I have to pass by Sudbury to go on 1 of our job site in Sault St-Marie.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i lost my spring also, i did what maddog did and used one out of a pen. it wasn't as soft as the original but it works nonetheless. its funny cuz when i put the jets in the directions said "DO NOT LOSE THE SPRING" and look what happend. i cleaned the carbs a couple weeks ago and the gray plug was good and tight when i took it out, i tried to put it back in and it would just pop back up, i kept trying for like 30 mins. so i put it in and it was all lose, so now it dies while idling but good everywhere else. so im very sure that is my problem and its possibly urs also, just try the pen trick and if it runs fine then that was ur problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts