Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seal came undone one trail and lots mud and dirt and water got in it. How can i clean this stuff out? I have a pic small wire brushs for guns and air compressor. I plan to pick as much dirt lose as can blow out and repeat over. Can I use water are anythang to help clean?

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Make sure you leave the plug in, or it'll all end up in the combustion chamber. You can use water to help, but it'll need to be completely dry before you remove the plug.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Right side of the motor is a drain hole that connects to the plug cavity. You may be able to blow some air in thru that. Got a shop vac, that may lift it out.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had a ton of dirt and debree in there :mad: Damn sparkplug seal it came off on trail and mud water completly filled the hole well over the plug lengh. I took small flat head scraped around blew out dit it again blew out took a cleaning kit for rifle broke end of push rod and found a brass brush about 2 times larger than 22 any ways brushed as good as i could blew out again and blew out each time haveing dust and dirt comeing out. would been nice to have the 22 brush or 17. Got as much as i could. Filled compressor up with air and the hose was choped and I was able to slip the hose over the plug to get as close to bottom as I could

then took the 18mm deepwell and damnit it would`nt fit so I was raising hell and that day before just found a old rusted pieace in a wood box that look like plug puller for honda recon not sure if it was but it did fit i jiggle it around a bit after fiting the plug and i herd dirt so i was like holy shit more dirt so i blew out then put wrench in did it again got little more dirt out as much as i could then losen the plug a tad and tight back in and blew out again little dirt came out unlosen the plug again and back down but not completly tightin and blew again tiny bit dirt came out

and blew again and got as much as i could. I was carfull to take out plug without moveing quad or plug to cause dirt to fall. There was some caked up mud on plug. fingers croos i got about everythang with the air and nothing fell in. if it did whats going to happen??????????????????????????????????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts