Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like everyone has been getting a 3 plugger lately and I wanted on so after lots of seaching and hours on the for sale forum watching I got me a Barkers HV ported 3 plugger and a X4 cam. Now I just have a few questions.

I know a few of you around here have made some HV heads, just wondering what kind of epoxy is used to build up the ports. Mine is lifted on the intake manifold and I think I could handle fixing that myself but didn't know what kind of epoxy everyone used. Also the epoxy isnt smooth on the bottom of the port is there a reason for this or should I smooth it down?

Can I run this off the stock cdi just fine? I planned on running the X4 cam and getting rid of the stage 3 hotcam, Is this a bad Idea????

What size jets should I order for the FCRs. hoping to just buy 5 sets and that should get me in the right area???

What kind of power do you think this will make. its a 719 hot rods kit with the above head and 39mm fcrs. je 11:1 with a milled head(2/100 i think) and a sparks single. I just run fields, dunes and some trails and plan on riding all around not a dragger so I just have a +3 swinger. I will never Dyno it but just wondering a ballpark number

Attachments

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Seems like everyone has been getting a 3 plugger lately and I wanted on so after lots of seaching and hours on the for sale forum watching I got me a Barkers HV ported 3 plugger and a X4 cam. Now I just have a few questions.

I know a few of you around here have made some HV heads, just wondering what kind of epoxy is used to build up the ports. Mine is lifted on the intake manifold and I think I could handle fixing that myself but didn't know what kind of epoxy everyone used. Also the epoxy isnt smooth on the bottom of the port is there a reason for this or should I smooth it down?

Can I run this off the stock cdi just fine? I planned on running the X4 cam and getting rid of the stage 3 hotcam, Is this a bad Idea????

What size jets should I order for the FCRs. hoping to just buy 5 sets and that should get me in the right area???

What kind of power do you think this will make. its a 719 hot rods kit with the above head and 39mm fcrs. je 11:1 with a milled head(2/100 i think) and a sparks single. I just run fields, dunes and some trails and plan on riding all around not a dragger so I just have a +3 swinger. I will never Dyno it but just wondering a ballpark number
I would contack Barkers & see what he recomends for your 3 plug set up. I have a 3 pluger but it was built by someone elce & is set up for my ridding style & the spacific port & 3 plug design of my motor.
Good luck

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't happen to be w Willykiller head now would it;) I guess I will get ahold of barker. I did find that everyone uses the devcon for the ports so I got some of the devcon putty for the manifold to use. We will see how it goes but that seems straight forward. My buddy want to try to copy one of these heads new winter. The porting dont look as hard as the 3 plugs but hell we will give her a shot......

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Wouldn't happen to be w Willykiller head now would it;) I guess I will get ahold of barker. I did find that everyone uses the devcon for the ports so I got some of the devcon putty for the manifold to use. We will see how it goes but that seems straight forward. My buddy want to try to copy one of these heads new winter. The porting dont look as hard as the 3 plugs but hell we will give her a shot......
Yes, it is a WillyKiller head:D

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
There are no real similarities between the construction of the Barker three plug and my own design, other then the fact that both heads contain 3 sparkplugs...........
The two extra sparkplugs that Barker uses cannot even be bought in Canada............

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah the plugs are Tiny little ones. Very hard to find so I'm gonna order them online.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One problem down, 100 to go..
good luck..
Nope you got that wrong:nono: One down 99 to go.....

No not to many problems just damn expensive doing this. I was just gonna do FCR's this spring then I had to have a 3 plugger after hearing willy and you talk about them all the time and after reading about HV porting I had to have one of these now I have to have more money cuz I spent it all lol. Still gotta buy all the stuff that is overlooked when you tear them down and buy a bunch of new stuff like a new throttle cable for the FCR's, Big spigots for the FCR's, Full Gasket Kit to put the trans I bought last year thank god, Jets for the FCR's, Piston rings, Spark plugs, Hone, Extended brake line for the rear, New Chain for the longer swinger, and there will alway be more thats just what I need at the moment.... Oh and the most important thing is lots of time, Thats hard to do with two kids, The woman and a job that takes up most of my time, seems like I never get anything done to it, but when it gets nice out and daylight savings time is this weekend so that means I alway get more done before coming in the house to get on RaptorForum to spend more money lol I love this forum but I hate it to but sure as hell beats the PowerstrokeNation because I can dump a hella lot of money ....Well a hella lot more money in to them damn Diesel's.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I hear the kids and Money part. That's always my problem.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How far should I set my FCR's from my exhaust. I don't know if the heat from the exhaust will mess up the carbs. Its real close now but I think it will rub from the bumps its so close. Might be able to get a few pieces of paper inbetween the carbs and header. Should I just get out my "Header Dimpling Tool"???

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
How far should I set my FCR's from my exhaust. I don't know if the heat from the exhaust will mess up the carbs. Its real close now but I think it will rub from the bumps its so close. Might be able to get a few pieces of paper inbetween the carbs and header. Should I just get out my "Header Dimpling Tool"???
My bike has about 1/8 inch clearance and I dont have any problem..............

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Cool I can get a 1/8 of a inch without dimpleing my header.... Thanks Willy
As long as it doesnt touch, then you can get some wicked heat transfer and damage of course.........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts