Raptor Forum banner

What is your personal choice when it comes to loud pipes!

• Only race on closed courses, so no noise concerns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LOUD! Ride miles from civilization or neighbors on private land, so no concerns

• LOUD! It's not legal where I ride, but I'm too selfish to care

• Quiet, please. I care and try to set an example.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to take the pulse of the folks on this forum.

As you (should) know, excessive and annoying noise is one of the leading causes of complaints against OHV's, and is a significant cause to the closure of many riding areas.

When I did a survey 5 years ago, the results were disappointing.

·
Registered
210 Posts
From the looks of it so far, you might get the same result :eek:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Beg to differ... alot has changed for me and my buds. We've lost three sweet riding areas and do more riding out state now than in state.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Sorry to hear that Sea7Raptor. The only time we have problems with loud pipes is during hunting season because we scare all the deer away. :lol: 8)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I too hunt but bowhunt for elk. We generally dont mind activity in the woods as it makes the animals move and suits our hunting method. Then again,,, no quads are allowed where we go.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Sparks is pretty loud but I heard nmotion was louder. The last time I rode, we had a hunter fire a warning shot because we where keeping too much noise. All I can say is, he's lucky I didn't have my gun in my backpack that day. I only ride on the weekends and I'll be damn if I'm not riding on saturday because some hunter wants to hang-out in a tree all day. I can't count on two hands the number of deer I've ran across on the trial this year. 8)

·
Registered
368 Posts
<~ yosh no spark arrestor...

Loud - but I am in Alaska.. and ride miles out.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I love the crack of my Sparks exhaust. It's crazy loud!!!

·
Registered
960 Posts
i love the sound of my hmf its loud but not to obnoxis

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Anyone running a CT Sonic exhaust? I like the fact that I can tone it down when I'm riding in a public area.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I like a healthy sound,and healthy isn,t as loud as it can sometimes seem.I like to win races against a very loud pipe,because louder isn,t always better.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm running the CT and didn't realize just how loud it is until I let a friend try it out. We were in a small sand area across from the river from parker Az. with a rock wall across from us. I couldn't believe how loud the echo of the rock was. It really dosen't seem that loud at idle, but open it up and the sound definately travels.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I still love the crack of the sparks!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Sea7Raptor said:
Beg to differ... alot has changed for me and my buds. We've lost three sweet riding areas and do more riding out state now than in state.
where are you from?

·
Registered
97 Posts
roc64 said:
Sea7Raptor said:
where are you from?
I'm just north of you in marysville. The places im talkin about are 116th, which was nice 5min drive, and sultan basin which we rode illegaly anyway for several years and P-5000 road. I'm kinda tired of of our DNR Czar and the kings forest. We now take our money to Oregon and idaho.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts