Raptor Forum banner

What is your personal choice when it comes to loud pipes!

• Only race on closed courses, so no noise concerns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LOUD! Ride miles from civilization or neighbors on private land, so no concerns

• LOUD! It's not legal where I ride, but I'm too selfish to care

• Quiet, please. I care and try to set an example.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Does anyone think that the constant removal of riding areas and the apparent opinions of some of us regarding "louder is better" might be related! I love a loud pipe like the rest of us, and when I am down in Mexico (where it is accepted) I pull the core and let it scream. I am only suggesting that we not give the people opposed to ORV riding areas any more reasons to fight against us. Our grandkids will thank us some day.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
[/quote]I'm just north of you in marysville. The places im talkin about are 116th, which was nice 5min drive, and sultan basin which we rode illegaly anyway for several years and P-5000 road. I'm kinda tired of of our DNR Czar and the kings forest. We now take our money to Oregon and idaho.
[/quote]

We need to get the Northwest Crew together and do some riding. You ever go to Belfair?

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Mojoboxer said:
Does anyone think that the constant removal of riding areas and the apparent opinions of some of us regarding "louder is better" might be related! I love a loud pipe like the rest of us, and when I am down in Mexico (where it is accepted) I pull the core and let it scream. I am only suggesting that we not give the people opposed to ORV riding areas any more reasons to fight against us. Our grandkids will thank us some day.
I agree with the sentiment. Personally I'm looking for performance first, not noise. There is also a big difference between looking for a strong sound and a loud sound. Those of you striving only for higher db levels, your ignorance and selfishness is all too common in this sport and most other off-road motorsports and only serves to make more enemies both inside and outside the community. I have lost the will to try and convert these people to responsible riders, rather I only hope they leave the sport to find an unrelated hobby and cause trouble elsewhere.

·
Registered
865 Posts
PREACH ON Maddog!!!!!!!......They are the same people running through housing tracts at full throttle waiting for the cops to get called.....

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
blackraptor said:
Anyone with dual lte's? How loud are they?

They are right at 93 DB with the quiet cores in. Without the quiet cores depending on engine mods and comp ratio anywhere from 98 to 100 DB

·
Registered
97 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
blackraptor said:

They are right at 93 DB with the quiet cores in. Without the quiet cores depending on engine mods and comp ratio anywhere from 98 to 100 DB
93 DB i can handle, but at what power loss? Is it a huge diff between the cores in or out? 93 is the limit at oregon dunes but i would like to see some performance for my money.
Yeah Roc i've been to the Drags over there and stopped to check it out but didnt ride it. Looks like decent riding.
Seems to be a lot of NW Raptors in these woods n we need to merge and stalk some prey Hehe.

·
Registered
332 Posts
ok thank you, i think that 98-100 db is loud enough. :thumbsup: So big bore, cam, porting is maybe over 100db? Which exhaust is the louder?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I got my stock system tested this weekend and it was around 94 peak, Does that sound right? You think i need to repack my muffler? its got about 70 hours on it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
my hmf when ijust started it and blimped the throttle on the cold days last speing tested at 105 then it died and i threw the quite core in and it is 96 legal limit in mn is 99 so i am over but only a little and where i ride it is out in the country and when i go threw toown its just at an idle with a few throttle blips to keep it going and then im out on the mine dumps so they can come chase me all they want those dnr people anyway they wont keep up and most people dont care we are out there cause they cant hear up all they might hear is a dull hum

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Sea7Raptor said:
RaptorRandy27 said:
blackraptor said:

93 DB i can handle, but at what power loss? Is it a huge diff between the cores in or out? 93 is the limit at oregon dunes but i would like to see some performance for my money.
Yeah Roc i've been to the Drags over there and stopped to check it out but didnt ride it. Looks like decent riding.
Seems to be a lot of NW Raptors in these woods n we need to merge and stalk some prey Hehe.

The power loss is suprisingly little, about 1.5 HP peak

21 - 31 of 31 Posts