Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dont know about best sounding but my buddy has a sparks on his and its very loud. Alot louder then my CT racing pipe although my CT pipe is pretty loud under load has a pretty good bark to it.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
videos dont do any of these pipes justice in sound, you have to hear it in person! I heard the lte duels on a video and laughed and said is that all!!!??? then I bought them, put them on, and now the neighborhood hates me. sounds like a litteral harley comming down the road!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yah the one on youtube i thought they sounded like shit on there...everyone says they sound good in person but i herd that they aint that loud? how do u think they compare to other pipes that you have herd?

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Trinity has a good rap to it, Mine has a little chirp that can get annoying though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
LRD Racing makes a killer deep sound :grin_nod:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
I read these posts and I think why in the hell would anyone want the loudest pipe out there :3question: I would be much more concerned about finding a pipe that had the best HP and TQ and best overall curve at a resonable DB level. Some of the pipes mentioned in this thread are so loud they sound like crap IMHO. You may not have noise restrictions where you ride now, but if your loud exhaust pisses the right person off you will have them eventually. We as ATV owners need to be more responsible about noise levels in this sport or were soon going to have nowhere left to ride.

Ok end of rant

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Huh?? Can't hear you, my ears are still ringing from the weekend! :lol:

I agree, Too loud gets old very quick. Racing is one thing but we don't want a bad rap on the trails.

·
Registered
912 Posts
i have an LRD pipe on my 660 and the header bolts broke off into the motor twice. the pipe sounds great but the quality of it could be better. Raptorrandy27 everybody doesn't live where noise is an issue. You are right about riding areas getting closed down but alot of us live in the country and noise isn't an issue. If the man wants a loud pipe then let him have it. If anybody should have a finger pointed at them, it should be the makers of these loud azz pipes and not the people who buy them. I'll sure that will settle things down quite a bit. 8)

·
Registered
783 Posts
CAROLINA_700R said:
Raptorrandy27 everybody doesn't live where noise is an issue. You are right about riding areas getting closed down but alot of us live in the country and noise isn't an issue.
Randy is completely right and people need to take note....I am sure lots of "country folks" live in the state of VA yet it may soon be illegal to even ride an atv within 500 feet of a home / building. Why? Noise.... Legislation can have broad strokes and effect alot more then you think. Be responsible... All you have to do is piss off the wrong person and your whole state is next......

Here is the link:
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?071+sum+HB3073

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
I agree i live in va and with my stock exhuast and just the baffle pulled out i was cthing hell i ran from the police once and the other time they was blocking the road so i kinda had a lack of options on where to go.... but anyways.... yeah depends on where you are if you wana loud pipe just know you are asking for someone to notcie and make some noise about it... then again sometimes we do get bored on these and need a lil action.. just my 2 cents

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.