Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we have any Louisiana riders in the Forum'shttp://www.raptorforum.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

·
Registered
115 Posts
I live about 15 minutes east of Baton Rouge. Most of the places I ride are under water because the river is so high though. I usually ride in the Bonnet Carrie spillway and behind the levee in St. Charles parish. My friends and I take a few trips a year to go ride different places though. So far this year we have only gone to Sand Hill ATV in Wiggins, Mississippi. It's a cool place to ride. Probably the best place to ride a sport quad in the south. I went to LA Dunes once and wasn't really impressed. It was about 8 years ago though, it might be better now. If you guys can make the trip to Sand Hill do it, you won't regret it. Last year we made the trip up to Shreveport to ride the Louisiana Rails to Trails. That was pretty cool too, it's an old rail road route that they removed the tracks on and it is about 65 miles long. It goes through a bunch of towns. We only got to ride on half of it though because 2 of the guys that came with us had mechanical issues. We used to go to Catahoula recreation before it closed, that was an awesome place to ride. I wish it was still open.

If any of you guys come down to this area to ride let me know. I am always ready to ride when I am not working.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live about 15 minutes east of Baton Rouge. Most of the places I ride are under water because the river is so high though. I usually ride in the Bonnet Carrie spillway and behind the levee in St. Charles parish. My friends and I take a few trips a year to go ride different places though. So far this year we have only gone to Sand Hill ATV in Wiggins, Mississippi. It's a cool place to ride. Probably the best place to ride a sport quad in the south. I went to LA Dunes once and wasn't really impressed. It was about 8 years ago though, it might be better now. If you guys can make the trip to Sand Hill do it, you won't regret it. Last year we made the trip up to Shreveport to ride the Louisiana Rails to Trails. That was pretty cool too, it's an old rail road route that they removed the tracks on and it is about 65 miles long. It goes through a bunch of towns. We only got to ride on half of it though because 2 of the guys that came with us had mechanical issues. We used to go to Catahoula recreation before it closed, that was an awesome place to ride. I wish it was still open.

If any of you guys come down to this area to ride let me know. I am always ready to ride when I am not working.
Man I feel so bad for the people along the Basin right now, and I hope every thing holds in Morgan City after the opening of the Morganza!!!! LA Dunes is not that impressive I agree but it is only an hour from my house so it is quick and alot of bikes still show up! I work in the Gulf so have 2 weeks at a time to ride, so I may try to check out that Sand Hill in Wiggins. I see your in Gonzales, cant go thru there, cost to much money between Cabelas and the Mall,:eek:

·
Registered
28 Posts
There are a few on here, but it's hard to organize a group ride with everyone so spread out. I ride the Enduro trails near Fullerton the most. Sandstone is also a good trail with the hills and sandy sections, but I seem to get the muddiest on it. I get bored at the LA Dunes.

It would be nice if there was a public place to ride near Lafayette. I used to live 35 minute drive from the Enduro trials.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes the Sand Stone will get you Muddy. Dont guess i know about the Fullerton trails, i will have to check that out!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are a few on here, but it's hard to organize a group ride with everyone so spread out. I ride the Enduro trails near Fullerton the most. Sandstone is also a good trail with the hills and sandy sections, but I seem to get the muddiest on it. I get bored at the LA Dunes.

It would be nice if there was a public place to ride near Lafayette. I used to live 35 minute drive from the Enduro trials.
Fullerton, is that what they call Cravens Trails or something like that around Leesville?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't have spark arrestors on my raptor, are they pretty strict about that stuff at he Fullerton trails?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Man I feel so bad for the people along the Basin right now, and I hope every thing holds in Morgan City after the opening of the Morganza!!!! LA Dunes is not that impressive I agree but it is only an hour from my house so it is quick and alot of bikes still show up! I work in the Gulf so have 2 weeks at a time to ride, so I may try to check out that Sand Hill in Wiggins. I see your in Gonzales, cant go thru there, cost to much money between Cabelas and the Mall,:eek:
Yeah I hear you on Cabelas and the Mall. Lol. You should definetly make the trip to Sand Hill. I can't wait to go back!

If you want to check out some videos of Sand Hill they have some on YouTube. It's pretty awesome to see those guys skim across the water on ATVs. It looked like fun but I did not have enough balls to try it myself when we went. Lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have never been there but a good friend of mine has been there a few times and has never had a problem!! He is running without arrestor's!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't have spark arrestors on my raptor, are they pretty strict about that stuff at he Fullerton trails?
You are supposed to have one, but I've never ran into a ranger while out on the trails and rarely see them at camp (usually just to empty the trash). They seem to hang out at the Clayborne trails more.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Cool, might have to check those trails out then.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Whats up guys? I live in Baton Rouge. I just started a new Louisiana thread before I searched and found this one. I need to find sport quad riders in my area....bad. The only people I know that ride, all have Grizzlys and Ranchers. Its getting old sinking my bike in mud all of the time. I want to make a trip to Sand Hill soon.

My bike is at the shop in Gonzales right now getting re-jetted and serviced, but hopefully should have it back within a few days.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Whats up raptastic? Yeah it sucks riding a sport bike in deep mud. I don't mind a little mud though. Me and a few friends went to sandhill 2 weekends ago. You got any places to ride around Baton Rouge?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Wuts up guys I'm located in Fanklinton, La bout 40 minutes outside of Hammond. I go to school at ITI technical college right off airline in Baton Rouge. Don't really get to ride as much as I used to but like mentioned it's mostly utility quads around hear.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Whats up raptastic? Yeah it sucks riding a sport bike in deep mud. I don't mind a little mud though. Me and a few friends went to sandhill 2 weekends ago. You got any places to ride around Baton Rouge?
I do know of a decent place to go close by in Baton Rouge. It is nothing major, but there is still some cool gravel and sand trails and few minor jumps. However, it probably will not be available to ride within a year or two. It is the area between Choctaw/Flanery and Central. They are actually building a new road called Central Hwy that is going to connect O'Neal Ln directly to Central, LA. There is a public park/recreational building and parking lot in the Stevendale Neighborhood off of Florida Blvd. We tow the bikes there to launch. It is actually a convenient place to go and is definitely fun the first few times you go. They have already built a bridge that crosses over the Comite River, but the rest of the area is just compacted gravel and dirt roads. I have learned the area pretty good. I would guess 500-600 acres of riding area.

I want to plan a ride for next weekend, somewhere. I am not sure if my bike is going to be out of the shop by this weekend or not. Anyone that wants to go ride sometime, PM me.

Phil

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wuts up guys I'm located in Fanklinton, La bout 40 minutes outside of Hammond. I go to school at ITI technical college right off airline in Baton Rouge. Don't really get to ride as much as I used to but like mentioned it's mostly utility quads around hear.
You must not be too far from Tower Trax in Fluker? A couple of my friends like to go ride up there, but I've never been. I hear it can be fun for sport quads when it hasn't rained in a few days.

·
Registered
217 Posts
yea man i live in new orleans. the only places i ride at are at the spillway and sand hill atv in wiggins. the only place worth my time cause of the bike that i have is wiggins cause they have a drag track. i only go to the spillway for testing. holla if you bout ridin. all my friends suck and they never wanna ride.

ive heard of a new track in rockport mississippi which is about 2 hours away from new orleans but if im not mistaken its just a drag track.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts