Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the i5500 kit on about 2 weeks ago. yesterday i got a chance to go out and really open it up on some trails,a rutted wash and ofcourse some jumpin'. Night and day difference, i wonder how i rode with it.Now i just need to get the stock rear shock into ishock for some work. If you can afford, this is a must have kit.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
post some pics if you can!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Yhea some pic would be nice. Glad to here your happy with the kit, I myself have been looking at it but had not heard anyone comment on it yet. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You ever wonder why the rear shock cost pretty much the same for a set of fronts? does this make sence to anyone.....wouldnt you think it would be half the cost :3question: :3question:

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
135boom said:
You ever wonder why the rear shock cost pretty much the same for a set of fronts? does this make sence to anyone.....wouldnt you think it would be half the cost :3question: :3question:
It's got to be a lot heavier duty and more adjustable because it's a single shock doing what the two up front do together. You'll notice that on the IRS utility quads the price of one rear is closer to the price of one front because the suspension setups are so similar.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
hmmmm.......makes a little sence....but to me all that means is different valving and a heavier spring. Pretty much the same materials and time go into it.......... :3question:

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
The shock body is typically much shorter and considerably thicker, its not like they're using the same shock bodies with different strokes front and rear.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
yeah....I understand that mike. But it seems to me that all the material saved by the decreased length would just go right into the thickness of the shock body......there for making it a mute point.
I just find it crazy that different valving and a heavier spring makes it almost double the cost of a front shock.....thats all....

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
I can certainly see and even agree with your points, rear shocks are obscenely expensive. I was simply providing what I thought were the manufacturer's justifications for the differences.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
yeah.....gotcha. I dont think there is much "justification".... :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
75 Posts
there is also a lot more work that has to go into setting up the rear shock. It is harder to get them to perform as well as the fronts because the rear sees a lot more abuse then the fronts. So you are kind of paying for the time of the builder.

·
Registered
125 Posts
MY FRIEND WENT FOR HIS SECOND RIDE ON HIS BRAND NEW ISHOCK FRONT END AND BLEW OUT ONE OF THE SHOCKS. HOPEFULLY THAT WAS A FREAK THING. ISHOCK TOLD HIM TO SEND IT BACK FOR A FREE REPLACEMENT SO THAT IS REALLY COOL. GOOD LUCK GUYS

·
Registered
75 Posts
YFZ RAPTOR 700R said:
MY FRIEND WENT FOR HIS SECOND RIDE ON HIS BRAND NEW ISHOCK FRONT END AND BLEW OUT ONE OF THE SHOCKS. HOPEFULLY THAT WAS A FREAK THING. ISHOCK TOLD HIM TO SEND IT BACK FOR A FREE REPLACEMENT SO THAT IS REALLY COOL. GOOD LUCK GUYS
unfortunately i have heard about this happening too often. It is what you get when you get parts from taiwan i guess

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Ive noticed alot of trick riders running Ishock and it seems to be a great kit(which is why Im considering it myself). You would be amazed to see whats made were...with anything. I work for Mercedes on the assembly line.....I know :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts