Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed some 06 yfz front shocks on my 700 a while back, wow what a diff., but my front end sits about an inch or so lower than a stock hieght. the positve is that it lowers my center of gravity and helps in corning and such, but when I jump now my front end will hit the ground on landings, and sometimes on the ramp side of the dune before I jump, I could turn up the compression, but I really don't want to be rough riding, is there some kind of fix or am I stuck with it? Thanks

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
rappyhappy said:
I installed some 06 yfz front shocks on my 700 a while back, wow what a diff., but my front end sits about an inch or so lower than a stock hieght. the positve is that it lowers my center of gravity and helps in corning and such, but when I jump now my front end will hit the ground on landings, and sometimes on the ramp side of the dune before I jump, I could turn up the compression, but I really don't want to be rough riding, is there some kind of fix or am I stuck with it? Thanks
What is your total ride weight?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I come in at a slimming 260.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
At the very least I would replace the springs to match your rider weight. At 260 you will never get the stock suspension right. Even with the upgrade to 450 shocks.

Option #1:kbm450 can hook you up with some sweet Eibach replacement spring units from TCS for your 450 shocks.

Option #2: The best option for your 450 shocks is to have them revalved and sprung for your ride weight. TCS provides this service as well. There are others but I know TCS does quality work. There are a couple of sponsors here selling TCS equipment and services but you will most likely get a better deal out of KB Motorsports.

The "retail prices" are as follows: (P.M. kbm450 for a better deal)

Front Spring kit - $250
Rear Spring kit- $120 for sport series (stock ride height single rate) to $250 for race series (lowered dual rate)

Total front shock conversion - $500
Total rear shock conversion - $325 (single rate sport series) $450 (lowered dual rate race series)

http://www.tcsracing.com/index.html

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
unfortunatly im low on cash right now, also at that price would it be better to just gety all new front sosp. inluding longer arms?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts