Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 12 volts at the battery and when I turn the key the neutral light comes on however at the solenoid I have 4.5 volts at the most when I put the meter on those two connections. The positive side is definitely getting the proper volts but the negative side when tested directly doesn't. I just changed out a blown fuse on the solenoid.

·
Registered
393 Posts
So you are saying you are getting 12 volts on the battery side of the solenoid and 4.5 on the starter side when you push the start button? If so I'd unhook the cable from the starter and test it again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you are saying you are getting 12 volts on the battery side of the solenoid and 4.5 on the starter side when you push the start button? If so I'd unhook the cable from the starter and test it again.
If the starter were bad wouldn't you at least be able to bump start it?

·
Registered
393 Posts
By bump started do you mean push start it yes you should be able to get it pushed put it in third gear and let out the clutch in the motor should turn over and start if it doesn't turn over then your motor is probably seized

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By bump started do you mean push start it yes you should be able to get it pushed put it in third gear and let out the clutch in the motor should turn over and start if it doesn't turn over then your motor is probably seized
I just preformed a top end rebuild on it and was able to turn the engine over fine when setting the timing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried to push it off with no luck but it may be the coil not delivering spark, so I'm going to order a new one in addition it replacing the starter because I just removed and tested it and it didn't spin at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts