Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my ball joints and Yamaha only lists the lower ones for sale, the upper come with the a-arm. Checked on eBay as well and could only find listings with lower ball joints but say they will fit upper as well.

So, can you replace the upper ball joints with the same ones as the lower ones or are you required to get a new a-arm?

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Uppers are not replaceable on stock arms.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kind of retarded design is that? Basically need to buy new a-arms because a ball joint is bad? I don't see why you wouldn't be able to press it out and press a new one in...

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Well, you are beating a dead horse here because this conversation has been had more than a few times, lol. If you want to try to do it, let us know how it works out.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
What kind of retarded design is that? Basically need to buy new a-arms because a ball joint is bad? I don't see why you wouldn't be able to press it out and press a new one in...
Well, you are beating a dead horse here because this conversation has been had more than a few times, lol. If you want to try to do it, let us know how it works out.

As said previously, you can NOT change the upper ball joints, you need to change the complete upper a arm assembly.................
Now on some after market a arms you can change the upper all joints.......:)

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Nobody replaces the upper ball joint on the Factory A arm! Yamaha designed it that way because by the time you wear out the upper ball joint you've realized that the Damb bike was to narrow (and to short) from the start so then you upgrade to a set of +1 or +2 aftermarket arms......or better yet +2+1 :D

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Nobody replaces the upper ball joint on the Factory A arm! Yamaha designed it that way because by the time you wear out the upper ball joint you've realized that the Damb bike was to narrow (and to short) from the start so then you upgrade to a set of +1 or +2 aftermarket arms......or better yet +2+1 :D
I didnt know that, is that written in the owners manual.............:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts