Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pics of their bike lowered with the eBay lowering kit? I'm considering buying it but I want to see how much ground clearance was lost. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I run the cfm front lowering kit and rear link fliped. You will lose between 2 and 3 inches of ground clearance. I will try to take some pics and post later

·
Registered
386 Posts
wow thats alot

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
I did a 700 rear link and shock swap that lowered it some but not as much as flipping the rear link. It also adds a couple inches of rear travel too.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was wondering the samething myself.. I don't know if anybody noticed or not but in there add for just the front it says (not recommended for heavy jumping)??? just thought I would add that.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Yeah. I don't like the wheel or suspension spacers because it completely changes the geometry. The mounts/components are designed for a certain amount of stress and by adding spacers you are increasing the forces. IMO it would be better just to save your money and look for a set of used wider a arms/axle. I've found do it right the first time or you will just end up spending double later.

·
Registered
386 Posts
+1 save your $, its worth it

·
Registered
186 Posts

$52.99 ebay kit i love it i do not jump just clean trails. widened the front 2in. and have 2in. spacers in the rear. it is very stable.

·
Registered
186 Posts
its dropped about 3in. in those pics

1 - 11 of 11 Posts