Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do the make a lowering kit for the raptor that u can keep ur head lights on .. im from illinois so head lights are not that big of a deal.. but i go ride in oaklahoma and u have to have them there... i want to lower it but i wanna keep my lights also :help:

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
There are a lot of threads on here about lowering kits, search around and you'll find a wealth of first hand info.

CFM makes a kit that bolts onto the bottom of the shock at the a-arm, they are availible on ebay.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wanted to keep the original suspension geometry, so I drilled some holes higher in the top shock mount and ground off some of the tab until the shocks would clear. It lowered the front about 2 inches and I can go back to stock any time I'd like.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
yamahaman69 said:
why cant you keep youre head lights
The durablue kit mounts on the top shock mounts and gets in the way of the headlights so they have to be removed for that kit. The CFM kit I mentioned mounts to the a-arm shock mounts will move the lower shock mount out changing the angle of the shock while keeping the clearance for the headlights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts